Another hot day in Himachal PradeshJune 27th, 2010 - 7:30 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, June 27 (IANS) The hills of Himachal Pradesh experienced another hot day Sunday with the state capital Shimla recording a maximum temperature of 26.5 degrees Celsius, a met official said.
The high temperature in Shimla, situated at an altitude of 2,130 metre, was 3.2 notches above average. It had recorded a high of 26.4 degrees Celsius Saturday.
Most of the popular tourist destinations like Kasauli, Kufri, Narkanda, Chamba, Dalhousie, Manali, Dharamsala and Kalpa were also relatively warm.
“Most of the towns recorded day temperatures two to six notches above the average, mainly due to lack of rains,” Manmohan Singh, director of the meteorological office here, told IANS.
Una town was the hottest in the state with a high of 40.2 degrees Celsius, five degrees above average. It saw the day temperature at 39 degrees Celsius Saturday.
However, mid and high hills are likely get relief from high temperatures as the met office predicted rain and thundershowers at isolated places Monday.
Sundernagar in Mandi district recorded a high of 35.3 degrees Celsius while the maximum temperature in Bhuntar in Kullu district was 33.2 degrees Celsius, Dharamsala in Kangra district was 36.4 degrees Celsius and Kalpa in Kinnaur district was 25 degrees Celsius.
- Warming Himachal hills portend rains? - Jul 03, 2012
- Dry spell raises temperatures in Himachal hills - Jul 18, 2012
- Heat wave continues in Himachal hills - Jun 17, 2012
- Rains in store in Himachal Pradesh - Jun 04, 2012
- Temperatures soar across Himachal, rain in store - Jun 21, 2012
- Shimla's temperature 6 degrees above average - May 29, 2012
- Heat grips Shimla too (Lead) - May 29, 2012
- Hot weather to continue in Himachal hills, rain unlikely - Jun 20, 2010
- Temperatures soar across Himachal - Jun 12, 2012
- Evening showers cool Shimla - May 30, 2011
- Himachal continues to experience warm weather - Jun 01, 2010
- Temperature rises in Himachal - Jun 12, 2010
- Rain in Himachal brings down temperatures - Jun 05, 2010
- Shimla sizzles at 29.1 degrees Celsius - May 23, 2010
- More snow in Himachal, high alert in state (Lead) - Jan 15, 2012
Tags: altitude, dalhousie, dharamsala, five degrees, high temperature, high temperatures, hot day, june 27, kalpa, kufri, mandi district, manmohan, manmohan singh, maximum temperature, meteorological office, notches, rain, thundershowers, tourist destinations