Andaman quake tremors jolt OrissaMarch 31st, 2010 - 1:07 am ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, March 30 (IANS) Tremors from an earthquake in the north Andaman Islands Tuesday night jolted parts of Orissa, forcing people to rush out of their houses in panic in several places, officials and eyewitnesses said.
Minor tremors were felt for a few seconds in the districts of Khordha, Cuttack, and Jajpur and state capital Bhubaneswar. People rushed out of their homes as the furniture rattled.
“An earthquake has struck off the north coast of Andaman Islands”, S.C. Sahu, director of Bhubaneswar meteorological centre told IANS. “Under its impact a minor tremor was felt in some places of coastal Orissa,” he said.
There is no report of any casualties or damage, an official of the state revenue control room said.
- Tremors felt in coastal Orissa after Andaman quake - Jun 13, 2010
- Tremors in coastal Orissa (Lead) - Jun 13, 2010
- Mild quake in Orissa, no damage reported - Apr 19, 2011
- Earthquake rocks Nicobar Islands - Jun 03, 2011
- Series of quakes hit Andaman (Lead) - Jun 13, 2010
- Quake rattles Sumatra, India feels tremors (Third Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- Strong earthquake jolts Andamans, India's east coast (Second Lead) - Aug 11, 2009
- Andaman jolted, tremors in states (Second Lead) - Jun 13, 2010
- Earthquake jolts Nicobar Islands (Lead) - Jun 03, 2011
- Earthquake jolts India's east coast, no casualties (Roundup) - Aug 11, 2009
- Huge earthquakes strike off Indonesia, generate small tsunamis (Update 3) - Apr 11, 2012
- Bay of Bengal earthquake jolts India's east coast (Third Lead) - Aug 11, 2009
- Huge earthquakes strike off Indonesia, prompt tsunami warnings (Update 2) - Apr 11, 2012
- Moderate intensity quake rocks Kashmir - Mar 31, 2012
- Delhi feels quake tremors - Jan 19, 2011
Tags: andaman islands, bhubaneswar, casualties, coastal orissa, cuttack, earthquake, eyewitnesses, furniture, jolt, meteorological centre, minor tremor, minor tremors, north andaman, north coast, quake, sahu, state revenue, tuesday night