Agra schools to remain shut till SundayJanuary 18th, 2012 - 9:59 pm ICT by IANS
Agra, Jan 18 (IANS) All schools till the 8th standard have been asked to remain closed till Sunday in view of a cold wave sweeping the Agra region.District Magistrate Ajay Chauhan has directed school managements to ensure classes are not held till next week.
The schools opened Monday after an extended vacation but parents pressured the authorities to ask school managements to close again as children were falling ill and feeling depressed due to the chilly wind and fog.
On Wednesday, the city remained fogged out till around 3 p.m., disrupting normal activities and traffic movement.
The weather office has forcast a foggy Thursday. The night temperature could fall to around 5 degrees from 7.2 Tuesday night.
- Agra schools to remain closed till Jan 15 - Jan 10, 2012
- Agra schools' summer vacations extended till July 7 - Jul 01, 2012
- All Patna schools closed due to cold wave - Dec 17, 2011
- North India reels under cold onslaught (Roundup) - Jan 18, 2012
- Taj city fogged out, commuters hit - Jan 05, 2012
- Agra gets to enjoy the sun - Jan 12, 2012
- Fog claims 15 lives in Uttar Pradesh - Nov 24, 2011
- Chill in Agra makes it tough for denizens, tourists - Jan 04, 2011
- A day of rain, snow in northern India - Jan 06, 2012
- Agra schools close for two days as mercury dips - Jan 03, 2011
- Agra records season's coldest night at 0.6 degree - Jan 06, 2011
- Bone-chilling winter cold stings northern India, 30 dead in UP (Intro Roundup) - Jan 03, 2011
- Chill continues in Delhi, Monday may see respite (Lead) - Jan 22, 2012
- Bone-chilling winter cold stings northern India (Roundup) - Jan 03, 2011
- Sunny morning brings relief to Agra - Jan 23, 2012