A night safari soon in Greater NoidaAugust 29th, 2012 - 5:35 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Aug 29 (IANS) Preliminary work on the first night safari in India is likely to begin soon in Greater Noida, a growing suburban town of Delhi.
The Greater Noida Master Plan 2021 was approved by the National Capital Region (NCR) Board last week.
The project, conceived on the lines of the famed Singapore Night Safari, had been stuck up for want of a green signal from the NCR board, officials told IANS.
“Now the biggest bottleneck has been removed. We hope to start work at the earliest,” said Anil Kumar Gupta, the Infrastructure and Industrial Development Commissioner.
Progress on the night safari, one of Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav’s favourite projects, is being monitored by Chief Secretary Jawed Usmani.
The state government is likely to proceed with the bid invitation process for developing the wildlife night park through public-private partnership mode.
“The 102-acre land for the project will not require any land use change as it is already marked for recreational green. The project has already got statutory approvals from the Central Zoo Authority and the Supreme Court,” Gupta said.
The project was conceived in 2005 by the Samajwadi Party government of Mulayam Singh Yadav but was grounded by the Bahujan Samaj Party.
The government has decided not to allow any commercial construction or housing projects within the safari area, which will have 60 percent animals from abroad and 40 percent from the Indian subcontinent.
A total of 71 species of animals, including 58 species of mammals, eight species of birds, three species of reptiles and two species of gigantic lizards, is proposed for the project.
- Work on Night Safari to start in UP - May 30, 2012
- Master Plan clears way for home buyers in Noida Extension - Aug 24, 2012
- Key panel clears way for home buyers in Noida Extension - Jun 28, 2012
- International designer for India's first night safari - Nov 28, 2010
- Delhi-Agra run cut by half as Yamuna Expressway opens (Lead) - Aug 09, 2012
- UP mulls Rapid Transit System from Delhi to Meerut - May 10, 2012
- Uttar Pradesh's Asiatic Lion safari plan finalised - Jun 10, 2012
- Anti-builder rally by farmers in Greater Noida Saturday - Mar 23, 2012
- Akhilesh Yadav to speed up Delhi-Mumbai industrial corridor - Aug 11, 2012
- Camel safari, night viewing, cycle track and boating around Taj Mahal soon - May 04, 2012
- Agra-Lucknow Expressway to be eco-friendly - Apr 04, 2012
- Jaypee's expressway to Taj cuts run from Delhi to 150 minutes (Roundup) - Aug 09, 2012
- Villagers demand toll tax waiver at Yamuna Expressway - Aug 16, 2012
- UP goes all out for Metro in major cities - Mar 27, 2012
- Court cancels acquisition in 3 Noida villages, hikes compensation - Oct 21, 2011
Tags: acre land, anil kumar, bahujan samaj party, board officials, chief minister, chief secretary, development commissioner, greater noida, gupta, housing projects, indian subcontinent, mulayam singh yadav, party government, public private partnership, safari area, Samajwadi Party, singapore night safari, species of birds, suburban town, town of delhi