89 power projects pending with environment ministryApril 30th, 2012 - 2:31 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 30 (IANS) A total of 89 power projects seeking green clearance are pending with the ministry, Environment Minister Jayanthi Natarajan told the Lok Sabha Monday.
Replying during the question hour, the minister said that 41 projects seeking environmental clearance and 48 seeking forest clearance are pending with her ministry.
Natarajan said she was aware of problems faced by the companies whose projects are stalled despite being given environment clearance.
“We are trying to establish a balance between environment and development. It is a matter of concern in cases where projects have been held up despite given clearances. We will soon take a final decision in such cases,” she added.
- 397 projects waiting green nod - Nov 29, 2011
- Coal India awaits environment clearance for 13 projects - Aug 30, 2011
- Speedy decisions on Posco, Vedanta: Jayanthi Natarajan - Jul 17, 2011
- New environment minister promises more action - Jul 13, 2011
- Natarajan suspends green clearances to all 93 Goa mines - Sep 12, 2012
- Jayanthi praises Ramesh - Jul 21, 2011
- Don't blame environment ministry for coal shortage: Natarajan - Apr 11, 2012
- Green tribunal scraps Posco's $12bn Odisha project (Second Lead) - Mar 30, 2012
- Lavasa township project denied environment clearance - Oct 14, 2011
- Capacity of hydropower plants on Ganga to be reduced: Natarajan (Lead) - May 29, 2012
- No environment clearance to Vedanta - Jul 02, 2011
- Jairam Ramesh: politics of compromise or middle path? - May 12, 2011
- Jayanthi Natarajan to arrive in Goa amidst mining controversy - Sep 05, 2012
- Patnaik meets PM, seeks clearance to Posco, Vedanta - Aug 23, 2010
- Madhya Pradesh chief minister bats for tourism in tiger reserves - Nov 17, 2011