40 crore saplings to be planted in next 8 years: BadalJune 30th, 2012 - 10:06 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, June 30 (IANS) The ambitious “Greening Punjab” campaign, to begin Sunday, will see over 40 crore saplings of various trees being planted in various parts of the state in the next eight years, Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal announced Saturday.
He said that the Punjab government had set itself a target of planning five crore saplings every year and there would be no dearth of funding and other resources for the campaign.
At a meeting with senior officials here Saturday, Badal said that the campaign would be launched from Fazilka district in south-west Punjab, 300 km from here, Sunday.
He said that deputy commissioners in all districts of Punjab have been directed to identify land for the planting of the saplings. He said that the green drive would be made a public movement.
- Punjab to check potable water quality - Jul 01, 2012
- Losing green cover? Call helpline for a tree - Jul 31, 2010
- Punjab to plant trees along all highways - Apr 14, 2012
- Punjab to plant over one crore saplings this monsoon - Jun 27, 2011
- Called Khalistani if I seek more powers for states: Badal - Aug 11, 2011
- Punjab to create 'green wall' around industrial hubs - Jun 15, 2011
- Badal's wife passes away, cremation Wednesday (Lead) - May 24, 2011
- Punjab to complete river cleaning project by 2013 - Apr 27, 2012
- Spiritual group plants 35 lakh trees - May 18, 2012
- Badal's wife passes away after prolonged illness - May 24, 2011
- Groundwater contaminated, Punjab battles uranium curse (Punjab Newsletter) - Jul 13, 2012
- Punjab gets Borlaug institute of agriculture - Oct 02, 2011
- This green cover is upsetting residents! (Letter from Punjab) - Jul 03, 2012
- Of loss, and love for a 30,000-member 'green family' (Feature) - Oct 17, 2011
- Punjab seeks BARC help for uranium problem in water - Jul 11, 2012