15 dead as dust storms lash Pakistan (Lead)June 6th, 2012 - 12:42 am ICT by IANS
Islamabad, June 5 (IANS) Strong dust storms lashed various parts of Pakistan Tuesday, killing at least 15 people, including five children, media reports said.
Dozens of people were injured in various incidents in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Punjab and Balochistan provinces, as rains also lashed the Punjab plains, Geo News reported.
The storms uprooted trees, signboards and electricity polls. Power supply also remained suspended in many areas.
According to Xinhua, at least seven people, including two women and a child, were killed in Peshawar and its adjoining areas.
In Punjab, a dust storm killed eight people including four children.
Flight schedules were also disrupted in parts of Punjab due to low visibility.
The winds hit with a speed of up to 90 km per hour in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and 75 km per hour in Punjab, meteorological offices reported.
- Dust storms kill 10 in Pakistan - Jun 06, 2012
- Dust storm blinds Pakistan provinces - Mar 20, 2012
- Roof collapse in northern Pakistan kills 5, injures 3 - Sep 05, 2012
- 17 killed in Pakistan accidents caused by fog - Jan 11, 2011
- Thunderstorms kills 37 in Pakistan (Lead) - Jun 05, 2010
- Torrential showers, floods kill 32 in Pakistan - Jul 22, 2010
- Bomb found in Pakistan train - Apr 25, 2012
- Floods kill over 100 in Pakistan - Jul 29, 2010
- Temblor shakes Kashmir, Pakistan, Afghanistan; no loss of life (Roundup) - Nov 07, 2011
- 20 killed in Peshawar bombing - Mar 09, 2011
- 15 dead in Pakistan check post attack (Lead) - Apr 22, 2011
- Tremors rock Kashmir Valley, northwest Pakistan (Third Lead) - Jun 11, 2012
- Rains to lash Pakistan from Tuesday - Jun 24, 2012
- Floods claim over 230 lives in Pakistan (Lead) - Jul 30, 2010
- Suicide bombing kills 34 in Peshawar funeral (Second Lead) - Mar 09, 2011