10 mn saplings to be planted on a single day in ChhattisgarhJuly 27th, 2008 - 3:09 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, July 27 (IANS) About 10 million saplings will be planted here Sunday during an ecology drive in which Chief Minister Raman Singh flew in a helicopter to three different sites to plant saplings. “Thousands of volunteers of various non-government organisations are working in tandem with the district administration to achieve the target of planting 10 million saplings in a day Sunday in Raipur district,” Sonmoni Borah, district collector, told newspersons.
The drive that aimed to convert Raipur district, which is spread out in 13,445 sq km areas, into a green zone began at 9 a.m.
“Thousands of school children and officials from the level of village panchayat to district collector besides Chief Minister Raman Singh and several ministers will be participating in the campaign,” Borah said.
Singh went to three different blocks in the district by helicopter to plant saplings and inspire the participants.
- Chhattisgarh plants 10 mn saplings in a day (Lead) - Jul 28, 2008
- Chhattisgarh to plant six crore saplings this monsoon - Jun 12, 2010
- Chhattisgarh for major offensive against Maoists - May 15, 2012
- Maoists abduct Chhattisgarh collector, kill two guards (Fourth Lead, With Image) - Apr 21, 2012
- Maoists abduct Chhattisgarh collector, kill two guards (Third Lead) - Apr 21, 2012
- 40 crore saplings to be planted in next 8 years: Badal - Jun 30, 2012
- Funds no problem for Maoist-hit areas: Jairam Ramesh - Jan 16, 2012
- Dikshit launches green Delhi drive - Jul 23, 2011
- Jatropha saplings destroyed in Chhattisgarh - Aug 02, 2010
- After politicians, officials to plant trees in Bihar - Sep 12, 2011
- Dikshit launches plantation drive - Aug 06, 2012
- Chhattisgarh BJP wooing tribals in violence-hit Bastar - Jun 10, 2012
- Chhattisgarh to simplify caste certification process - Aug 22, 2012
- Abducted Chhattisgarh collector traceless - Apr 22, 2012
- Ex-servicemen on mission to green Himachal hills - Aug 06, 2010
Tags: 10 million, borah, chhattisgarh raipur, chief minister, district administration, green zone, helicopter, non government organisations, participants, raipur district, raman singh, saplings, single day, tandem, target, village panchayat, volunteers