10 killed as storm Kai-Tak lashes VietnamAugust 19th, 2012 - 9:27 pm ICT by IANS
Hanoi, Aug 19 (IANS) At least 10 people have died and 18 were injured as storm Kai-Tak lashed Vietnam, Xinhua reported Sunday.
The storm, with winds of speeds up to 73 km per hour, hit the coastal region in Quang Ninh province, bringing heavy rains, Vietnamese state-run news agency VNA said.
Three people died in Yen Bai province, two in Son La, two in Bac Giang, one in Bac Ninh, one in Vinh Phuc and one in capital Hanoi.
Over 5,000 houses were damaged and 1,500 hectares of crops were under water.
After landing, the storm, however, weakened into a low tropical depression. People have been warned about flash floods.
- 27 killed as storm Kai-Tak lashes Vietnam (Lead) - Aug 20, 2012
- Typhoon Kai-Tak causes havoc in China (Lead) - Aug 17, 2012
- 2,000 year-old megalith discovered in Vietnam - May 22, 2009
- Japan beat India for bronze at Asian volleyball meet - Sep 07, 2012
- Flash floods kill 97 in Vietnam - Aug 11, 2008
- Tropical storm Ketsana kills 11 in Vietnam - Sep 29, 2009
- Japan defeats Myanmar in Asian volleyball - Sep 04, 2012
- 48 dead in Vietnam flood - Oct 08, 2010
- Typhoon Kai-Tak affects one mn people in China - Aug 19, 2012
- India lose to Iran in Asian Volleyball - Sep 02, 2012
- Asian Volleyball: India outclass Australia - Sep 02, 2012
- China braces for typhoon Kai-Tak - Aug 17, 2012
- Vietnam storm toll rises to 109 - Nov 06, 2009
- Vietnam hit by mystery skin disease - Apr 22, 2012
- Typhoon Ketsana leaves at least 38 dead in Vietnam - Sep 30, 2009
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,