Zohra Segal, Ramesh Sippy to get lifetime honoursMay 29th, 2012 - 1:49 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 29 (IANS) Veteran actress Zohra Segal, who turned 100 years old last month, and filmmaker Ramesh Sippy will be honoured for their outstanding contribution to Indian cinema at the 13th International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) awards ceremony to be held in Singapore next month.
Sippy will be conferred for his outstanding contribution to films.
“To be recognized on an international platform is an honour. I am truly honoured that my work has been recognized,” Sippy said in a statement. He is known for giving blockbusters like “Sholay” and “Seeta Aur Geeta”.
Zohra, who celebrated her 100th bithday April 27, is an acclaimed dancer and actress, and has had a prolific career in theatre, film and dance. She will receive the special award for contribution to 100 years of Indian cinema, for her large body of work, and the impact she has had on the industry.
“Nothing gives us more pleasure than to honour these incredible individuals, who have dedicated their life to the progress of Indian cinema and the passion with which they entertain people across the globe,” said Sabbas Joseph, director, Wizcraft International Entertainment Pvt. Ltd.
“It is through their work that the Indian film industry has grown and we are honoured to be able to recognize their efforts,” he added.
The three-day cine event, to be held June 7-9 in Singapore, will feature fashion shows and a musical extravaganza, with all celebrations culminating into a glittering awards presentation ceremony.
- It's back to Singapore for IIFA this year - Apr 24, 2012
- Zindagi Na, Rockstar dominate IIFA awards - Jun 10, 2012
- Bollywood's young blood to rock IIFA in Singapore (Curtain Raiser) - Jun 06, 2012
- Now IIFA wants to organise 'weekend' for southern industry - Dec 02, 2011
- Priyanka pays tribute to Rekha at IIFA - Jun 10, 2012
- Priyanka to pay tribute to Asha Bhosle at IIFA - Jun 24, 2011
- Zohra 100 years young, says Salman Rushdie - Apr 27, 2012
- Time to take Indian cinema to global audience: Shabana - Jun 07, 2012
- Indian cinema's centenary celebrations to begin at Apsara awards - Jan 18, 2012
- 'Double Dhamaal' world premiere to be held at IIFA - May 20, 2011
- IIFA show is 'Indian kitsch', not Indian culture: Deepa Mehta - Jun 22, 2011
- Vancouver bids to host IIFA in 2013 - Nov 14, 2011
- Genelia, Arbaaz kickstart IIFA voting weekend - Mar 30, 2012
- Chitrangada, Ayushmann excited to host IIFA Rocks - May 24, 2012
- Stage set for Bollywood's grandest show abroad (With Image) - Jun 22, 2011
Tags: aur, awards ceremony, bithday, blockbusters, fashion shows, film academy, indian cinema, indian film industry, international entertainment, international platform, musical extravaganza, presentation ceremony, prolific career, pvt ltd, ramesh sippy, seeta aur geeta, sholay, theatre film, veteran actress, wizcraft