‘Zindagi Na…’ team to help Mumbai blast victimsJuly 20th, 2011 - 9:31 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 20 (IANS) Producers Ritesh Sidhwani and Farhan Akhtar, along with director Zoya Akhtar, have decided to contribute Thursday’s collections of certain Mumbai multiplexes for the welfare of recent Mumbai blast victims.
“We were in a very low mood after the blast and that is when Farhan, Kishore Lulla (of Eros International) and I thought of this idea. We had to do something for our city. The blast took place on Wednesday and still Mumbaikars turned up to watch our film. So, this is our way of showing that we care for the city and the people,” Sidhwani of Excel Entertainment, told IANS.
Among the multiplexes that will share Thursday’s collections with victims equally are PVR Cinemas - Mulund, Goregaon and Juhu, Fun Cinemas - Chembur, Andheri, Kandivali, Vashi and Kalyan, Cinemax - Sion, and Inox - Nariman Point.
“Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara”, featuring Farhan, Hrithik Roshan, Abhay Deol, Katrina Kaif and Kalki Koechlin, released Friday - two days after three blasts shook Mumbai, the financial and entertainment capital of India.
The movie is running in profit as it has managed to rake in Rs.28.60 crore in the opening weekend and Rs.31 crore through satellite and music rights for a total of over Rs.59 crore. The budget of the film, including prints and publicity was Rs.55 crore, according to trade sources.
- 'Zindagi Na..' breaks even, makes Rs.59 crore - Jul 18, 2011
- Eros acquires rights to 'Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara', ' Game' - Nov 01, 2010
- 'Zindagi Na Milegi...' earns Rs.108 crore in 10 days - Jul 27, 2011
- B-Town wants "Zindagi Na..." to win best film award - Jan 14, 2012
- B-Town wants "Zindagi Na..." to win best film award (Lead) - Jan 14, 2012
- No rift between me and Katrina: Kalki - Jul 11, 2011
- Hrithik, Farhan, Abhay to jam live (With Images) - Jun 08, 2011
- Mumbai to have Rs.30 bn plush film studio (Movie Snippets) - Feb 09, 2011
- Friends eased pain when parents divorced: Farhan Akhtar (Interview) - Jul 22, 2011
- I can't sing, technology made it possibe: Abhay Deol - May 15, 2011
- Pulkit dons transformed look for 'Fukrey' - Sep 21, 2012
- Harvard conducts case study on Farhan's Excel Entertainment - Sep 11, 2012
- Abhay refuses to go topless - Feb 26, 2011
- Working with new directors learning experience: Ritesh Sidhwani - Jun 05, 2012
- 'Zindagi Na…' team on six-city road trip - Jul 08, 2011
Tags: abhay deol, andheri, capital of india, cinemax, crore, eros international, goregaon, hrithik roshan, inox nariman point, kalyan, katrina kaif, koechlin, lulla, multiplexes, mumbai blast, music rights, publicity, three blasts, vashi, zoya akhtar