Zeta-Jones stars in mini film for Lux shampooMay 26th, 2009 - 3:44 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 26 (ANI): Hollywood actress Catherine Zeta Jones has featured in a 7-minute Lux shampoo advert, which astonishingly also includes a motorcycle chase.
Catherine portrays a lab technician, who steals a “youth-enhancing elixir” in the advert.
She later washes her hair with it and shows off the results at a swanky party after which she and her handsome accomplice are rumbled by security and flee on the motorbike.
Though the advert for Lux’s new shampoo ‘Alchemy’, has been filmed in English, it has subtitles.
The shampoo bosses are of the opinion that featuring a renowned celebrity like Catherine will lift up the sales of their product.
“By getting into the world of movies, rather than just having movie stars in our ads, which our competitors do too, we can draw consumers closer to the brand,” The Daily Star quoted Unilever executive Enzo Devoto, as saying.
“When you’re watching a movie and on comes an advertisement trying to hard-sell a product, it’s pretty much interrupting your entertainment. Our project is completely different,” Enzo added.
Meanwhile the hyped advert has already appeared on the Internet. (ANI)
- Catherine Zeta-Jones earns 1.55 mn pounds modelling for one ad - Jun 01, 2009
- Zeta-Jones to star in 'Rock of Ages' - Apr 24, 2011
- Gerard Butler to romance Biel, Zeta-Jones and Thurman in new flick - Apr 07, 2011
- Zeta-Jones not pregnant - Jan 26, 2012
- Catherine Zeta-Jones to play Cleopatra - Jun 18, 2012
- Zeta-Jones enjoyed playing baddie - Jun 17, 2012
- Russell Brand to star in 'The Hauntrepreneur' - Jan 27, 2012
- Alec Baldwin drops out of 'Rock of Ages' - May 11, 2011
- The heat is on! Dos and don'ts for hair care - Jun 01, 2012
- 'Chicago', 'Concrete Jungle', 'Caged Heat' in 'Great Prison Movies' list - Jul 23, 2010
- Tom Cruise goes shirtless for 'Rock of Ages' - Jun 19, 2011
- Doing musical much harder work: Zeta-Jones - Jun 13, 2012
- Catherine Zeta-Jones quits smoking - Aug 07, 2011
- Zeta Jones to play Willis' wife - Mar 05, 2011
- Catherine Zeta Jones's back to work after battling from bipolar disorder - Apr 18, 2011
Tags: accomplice, advert, advertisement, alchemy, catherine zeta jones, celebrity, consumers, daily star, devoto, elixir, enzo, hollywood, hollywood actress, lab technician, lux shampoo, motorbike, motorcycle chase, movie stars, new shampoo, unilever