Zeta-Jones enjoyed playing baddieJune 17th, 2012 - 9:32 am ICT by IANS
London, June 17 (IANS) Actress Catherine Zeta-Jones says she had fun playing a negative role in new film “Rock of Ages”, which based on a Broadway play of the same name.
In the movie, the 42-year-old star plays the role of conservative Patricia Whitmore, who tries to close down the Bourbon Room and Zeta-Jones jumped at the chance to portray an unpopular character, reports contactmusic.com.
”It’s just a movie that lends itself to having a blast. It’s larger than life and we got to sing all these 80s songs. I had a lot of fun with my character because she’s like the odd one out in a way and I got to play the baddie. She’s a nightmare of a woman; absolutely horrible,” she said.
- Catherine Zeta-Jones to play Cleopatra - Jun 18, 2012
- Gerard Butler to romance Biel, Zeta-Jones and Thurman in new flick - Apr 07, 2011
- Zeta-Jones to star in 'Rock of Ages' - Apr 24, 2011
- Doing musical much harder work: Zeta-Jones - Jun 13, 2012
- Russell Brand to star in 'The Hauntrepreneur' - Jan 27, 2012
- Zeta-Jones faces protest from animal rights activists - Feb 13, 2010
- Alec Baldwin drops out of 'Rock of Ages' - May 11, 2011
- Zeta-Jones turns down Vivien Leigh role to spend time with ill hubby - Oct 01, 2010
- Zeta-Jones not pregnant - Jan 26, 2012
- 'Rock of Ages' funniest rock comedy since 'Spinal Tap' (IANS Movie Review) - Jun 15, 2012
- Stress triggers Catherine Zeta-Jones's bipolar disorder - Apr 16, 2011
- Johansson, Zeta-Jones wins top Tony awards - Jun 15, 2010
- Lansbury, Zeta-Jones to play mother and daughter - Aug 23, 2009
- Michael Douglas proud of Catherine - Apr 22, 2011
- Zeta-Jones' one-woman show dream - Dec 12, 2009