Zellweger to return with ‘Bridget Jones 3′July 15th, 2009 - 10:05 pm ICT by IANS
London, July 15 (IANS) Hollywood actress Renee Zellweger has signed on to appear in a third “Bridget Jones” film about the hapless diary-keeper.
The first film “Bridget Jones’s Diary” in 2001 grossed $282 million worldwide, while the 2004 sequel, “Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason”, raked in $262 million and bosses at British studio Working Title have decided it is time for Zellweger to return to the role to round out the trilogy, reports contactmusic.com.
It is thought the new film will concentrate on Jones’ quest to have a baby in her 40s.
Colin Firth and Hugh Grant are expected to return, according to reports.
- Zellweger to don fat suit in 'Bridget Jones 3' - Sep 23, 2009
- 'Bridget Jones's Diary' making a comeback - Aug 15, 2011
- Renee Zellweger might do another Bridget Jones movie - Aug 16, 2011
- 'Bridget Jones 3' gets go-ahead for shooting - Mar 01, 2011
- Bridget Jones's Diary to be made into a musical - Jun 06, 2009
- Zellweger to don fat suit for new Bridget Jones flick? - Sep 23, 2009
- Renee Zellweger would stay thin for third Bridget Jones - Feb 28, 2011
- Renee Zellweger says she never planned to be famous - Mar 13, 2011
- Grant still keen for 'Bridget Jones' sequel - Apr 27, 2012
- Third 'Bridget Jones' movie in doubt: Hugh Grant - Feb 18, 2012
- I understand Indian cinema 'thoda thoda': Colin Firth (Interview) - Dec 31, 2011
- Is it splitsville for Renee Zellweger, Bradley Cooper? - Mar 19, 2011
- 'Bridget Jones' musical now on hold - Apr 08, 2012
- Renee fattens up for Bridget Jones, again - Jul 16, 2009
- Bradley Cooper's 'career behind Renee Zellweger split' - Mar 25, 2011
Tags: 40s, actress renee, bridget jones 3, bridget jones the edge of reason, colin firth, diary keeper, edge of reason, hollywood, hollywood actress, hugh grant, london, new film, renee zellweger, sequel, trilogy