Zee TV’s ‘Sa Re Ga Ma Pa’Singing SensationApril 20th, 2009 - 10:04 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Raja Hasan out with his Debut Album
“Yaar Mila De Re” - A special father-son collaborative
Mumbai, April 20th – Zee TV once again fulfilled its commitment by launching Raja Hasan’s debut album “Yaar Mila De Re’ today at Famous Studio, Mahalakshmi. Industry’s most coveted musical talent hunt “Sa Re Ga Ma Pa’ is ready to repeat another success story with Raja Hasan. “The album is his musical tribute to his father veteran singer-music composer Rafiq Sagar. Raja Hasan shot to fame with “Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Challenge 2007′, when he was a close contender to the title. The sensation from Bikaner belonged to the Vishal - Shekhar gharana. With Raja’s debut album, like with Aneek Dhar’s (winner of the 2007 season) album that was launched sometime back, “Sa Re Ga Ma Pa’ has lived up to its reputation of offering only the most talented singers to the music fraternity. Dignitaries from the music industry - Bappi Lahiri, Aadesh Shrivastav and Shaan along with the dance master, Mithun Da, were there to bless this new talent.
Speaking on the launch, an excited Raja said, “I am thankful to Zee TV and Jazz who have honored their promise of launching my album. For a singer, there is no greater achievement than seeing their hard work in the form of a CD. I shall remain obliged to them forever”
After the super success of Challenge 2009, Raja Hasan, got best of the offers from the music industry – with A R Rehman in one of his movies, with Vishal-Shekhar in Dostana, De Taali, etc to name a few.
“Sa Re Ga Ma Pa’ is the one platform that has provided the musical industry with singing greats like Shreya Ghoshal, Kunal Ganjawala, Shaan, Sunidhi Chauhan, Aneek Dhar, Sumedha, Poonam, Amanat Ali, to name a few. Been credited with providing India’s best talents, the show has also seen the best of musical geniuses in the form of judges. Pandit Jasraj, Usha Uthup, Pandit Hari Prasad Chaurasia, Asha Bhosale, Hridaynath Mageshkar, Bappi Lahiri, Ismail Darbar, Anu Mallik, Abhijit, Usha Mangeshkar, Udit Narayan, Anup Jalota etc.
Singing and rhythm was never an alien phenomenon to this talented gharana singer who has quiet a few elders associated with the Indian music industry. He’s been living in Mumbai for close to 12 years now, and after gaining unbelievable popularity through his singing skills, Raja has gone back to his roots with his new album “Yaar Mila De Re”.
The album begins with the title track “Yaar Mila De Re” which is an intense song that begins with Sufi undertones where you get to savor Raja’s gharana driven voice. The video of this song has been shot entirely in Bikaner, Rajasthan at scenic locales featuring mystifying sand dunes, exotic beauty Annie Singh and Raja Hasan who’s the local boy in complete rustic fervor.
The album is a mix of rocking numbers with Raja’s voice and guitar licks drawing parallel arpeggios together along with a few racy numbers reflecting a distinct folk flavor, and also being playfully romantic. There are also some very beautifully rendered songs with melancholic undertones. The album takes you through a voyage of various emotions and with every song one gets to know the multi-dimensional aspect of Raja Hasan. All of the compositions and lyrical contributions have been meticulously meted out by Rafiq Sagar with utmost care. -Sampurn Media
- Raja Pandit finally composes independently for 'Jeet lengey Jahaan' (With Image) - Jan 05, 2012
- 'Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2012' returns with new twists - Sep 12, 2012
- Composers bring out the best in singers: Sajid-Wajid - Jun 15, 2010
- Bappi Lahiri heads to Li'l Champs! - Sep 16, 2009
- TV will give face to my voice: singer Javed Ali - May 25, 2011
- Vishal-Shekhar Impressed by "Little Nightingale" in Sa Re Ga Ma Pa - Aug 25, 2010
- Vishal-Shekhar go crazy over 'Little Nightingale' - Aug 24, 2010
- Shankar plans album with Muqabla teammates - Apr 14, 2010
- Zee TV’s SaReGaMaPa To Celebrate Christmas With Ghulam Ali And Mika - Dec 21, 2010
- Small town India makes it big - via reality TV - Nov 03, 2011
- Saurav is not like a friend but brother to me- Aneek Dhar - Mar 30, 2010
- What makes Bollywood singers, choreographers love TV - Jan 12, 2011
- Zee TV launches new season of music reality show - Aug 04, 2010
- Musical extravaganza with Mega Challenge - Oct 27, 2009
- Kids should get sugar-coated criticism: 'Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Li'l Champs' judges - May 25, 2011
Tags: aneek dhar, asha bhosale, dance master, debut album, gharana, hari prasad chaurasia, ismail darbar, mithun, music fraternity, musical geniuses, musical tribute, poonam, shaan, singing sensation, talent hunt, talented singers, usha uthup, veteran singer, vishal shekhar, zee tv