Zee TV gets new aqua logo, to focus on womenJune 20th, 2011 - 12:41 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 19 (IANS) Zee TV, the flagship channel of the Zee Network, Sunday unveiled its new aqua blue logo and look with the tag line “Umeed Se Saje Zindagi”. The channel foresees the brand positioning as a celebration and co-relation with the constant change that society has seen in women’s lives.
“We believe the time is right to infuse into the brand and reflect an identity that truly articulates our spirit. The new positioning is about a celebration and vindication of woman’s emerging beliefs and a reflection of her hopes, dreams and optimism. This essence is very well captured in the line, ‘Umeed Se Saje Zindagi’,” said Punit Goenka, managing director and CEO of Zee Entertainment Enterprises Limited.
“Our primary audience is undoubtedly women and the new shows will also focus on them. We intend to bring some young stories which cater to the youth and the young girls of today,” said Goenka.
The revamping of Zee TV logo has been done by the in house team of the channel, while advertising agency Draftfcb Ulka is the creative agency.
Explaining the new logo, Goenka said: “The new aqua blue colour logo signifies the upward movement of desires and wishes. The unshackling of the ‘Z’ from the box symbolizes today’s women’s zest for life and confidence to go out in the world beyond her home.
“The overall design has a progressive feel and reflects the idea of looking into the future. The rainbow of hope is a very important element of the new packaging. It is ethereal and symbolically emphasizes the promise of ‘Umeed Se Saje Zindagi’ celebrating hope and life,” he added.
Zee TV has also worked on the restructuring of its programming and content to replenish the channel in a new way. The channel is going to offer its viewers new shows like “Shobha Somnath Ki” and “Mrs Kausik Ki Paanch Bahuein” and also reality show “India Ke Jaanbaaz”, with real heroes that will make the common man a superstar.
Meanwhile, the ongoing shows will continue to entertain viewers.
“We have spent almost Rs.10 crore on the creative aspect of this entire revamping. The strategic reason behind this move is very simple. In a cluttered market like today the broadcasters need to refresh themselves from time to time,” Goenka said.
The channel, launched in October 1992, had earlier revamped its existing logo in 2005. The current, complete makeover for the network comes at a time when Zee Tv has acquired third position on the GRP chart.
The new logo will be adapted by every channel of Zee network, apart from the sports channels.
Zee network broadcasts more than 25 channels, with a reach of more than 167 countries and access to more than 500 million viewers globally.
- STAR Gold unveils its new logo - Sep 13, 2011
- Small screen competition makes it tough, says hit producer - Mar 26, 2011
- TV reality shows sidelineing women viewers? - Oct 22, 2010
- Remove 'Hitler' from the show's title, Zee TV told - Nov 24, 2011
- Zee TV’s Mera Naam Karegi Roshan To Go Off Air - Nov 26, 2010
- Actors shocked at Imagine TV shutting down - Apr 13, 2012
- TV pays well, treats well, says Rajeev Verma (With Image) - Jun 15, 2011
- Binny Sharma: A Glorious Journey From 'Dance India Dance' to 'Sangini' - Dec 04, 2010
- Zee TV To Celebrate Independence Day In Simple Way - Aug 11, 2010
- Sequel fever hits small screen - Feb 26, 2011
- Small screen apes big; creativity down the tube - Jul 07, 2012
- Cook, chomp, hog - food channels on small screen menu - Dec 29, 2010
- Zee Music Tries To Add a Zing - Apr 04, 2009
- Zee's food channel set to go on air Thursday - Dec 07, 2010
- Zee TV To Make Friday Nights More Interesting For Middle East! - Jan 26, 2011
Tags: advertising agency, blue colour, brand positioning, colour logo, common man, creative agency, girls of today, rainbow of hope, real heroes, reality show, revamping, somnath, tag line, tv logo, ulka, upward movement, vindication, young girls, zee network, zest for life