Zack Snyder Directing New Superman FlickOctober 5th, 2010 - 7:14 pm ICT by GD
Director Zack Snyder who rose to fame after the unexpected success of the smash hit 300 is going to revive the Superman franchisee as it has been reported. The upcoming film has been written by Christopher Nolan and David Goyer. In all probability it is going to be released in 2012. The movie is a major one since it is slated to inject life into one of the most famous film franchisee in Hollywood. It will be produced by Emma Thomas and Christopher Nolan. However,the news of the director landing with the movie is no surprise since he shares an excellent working rapport with Warner Bros. The news has created a sensation in the showbiz circles.
The first large screen venture of Superman was released in the year 1978 and it had the hunky Christopher Reeves in it. The films in the series have fared moderately well at the box office but trailed behind some of the other popular superhero franchisees. The director is pretty upbeat about the upcoming film and he wants to give a touch of modernization to the character of the super hero. He is of the opinion that over the years other directors have jazzed up the superhero characters like Batman and that has not happened to Superman.
He said that both Christopher Nolan and David Goyer approached him with a script which he simply found irresistible. He did not divulge much about the script but admitted that it is interesting. It is not known who will essay the role of the superhero in the upcoming movie. The shooting of the film will probably begin next year.
- British Actor Henry Cavill Lands Role In "Superman: Man of Steel" - Feb 01, 2011
- General Zod To Play Villain In Upcoming Superman Flick - Oct 06, 2010
- Zack Snyder to direct new Superman movie - Oct 05, 2010
- Snyder to direct new 'Superman' movie - Oct 05, 2010
- Nolan taking inspiration from 'Superman' for remake - Jun 29, 2010
- Portman slams superhero rumours - Jan 03, 2011
- Michael Shannon cast as 'Superman' villain Gen Zod - Apr 11, 2011
- Natalie Portman blasts 'Superman' and 'Batman' rumours - Jan 03, 2011
- Darren Aronofsky might direct latest 'Superman' film - Sep 28, 2010
- Crowe to play Superman's dad? - Jun 16, 2011
- 'The Dark Knight Rises' biggest story I've told: Christopher Nolan (Interview) - Jul 11, 2012
- 'Most unlucky man in Hollywood' Henry Cavill is the new Superman - Jan 31, 2011
- Man Of Steel Comic-Con poster creates a buzz - Jul 16, 2012
- Crowe to play Superman's dad in 'Man of Steel'? - Jun 17, 2011
- 'Dark Knight Rises' Make Batman Fans Expectant - Jan 20, 2011
Tags: batman, box office, christopher nolan, christopher reeves, circles, david goyer, director zack snyder, emma thomas, flick, franchisee, franchisees, modernization, new superman, probability, sensation, showbiz, superhero characters, unexpected success, upcoming film, warner bros