Zac Efron once hated Leonardo DiCaprioApril 3rd, 2009 - 2:47 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Apr 3 (ANI): Zac Efron might today call Leonardo DiCaprio his mentor, but the Hollywood heartthrob was initially jealous of the star.
The High School Musical actor had met DiCaprio last November, and the pair struck up a close bond after attending a basketball game in Los Angeles together.
However, Efron admits that he was jealous of attention the ‘Titanic’ star received from girls at his school.
“Leo, for me, was the first time I ever recognised fame. I was in fifth grade when he was literally on every magazine cover for Titanic and all the girls had these Tigerbeat magazines and I’d say, ‘Dude, what’s so great about this kid?’ Contactmusic quoted him as saying.
“I was jealous. I mean, you couldn’t help but hate this guy. And now, to some degree, I’ve made it and I’m going through the same thing,” he added.
- Leonardo DiCaprio is my rock, says Kate Winslet - Mar 09, 2011
- Zac Efron apologises to Leonardo DiCaprio for heroin comments - Dec 01, 2009
- Kate hails Leonardo - Mar 09, 2011
- Leonardo DiCaprio Goes Shirtless For Rolling Stone - Jul 22, 2010
- DiCaprio embarrassed by 'Titanic' performance - Mar 29, 2012
- Zac Efron hates watching himself on screen - Jul 31, 2010
- DiCaprio's pet dog stinks, say friends - Dec 12, 2011
- Zac Efron Doesn't Like To Watch Himself On-Screen - Aug 02, 2010
- Hooded DiCaprio mistaken for thief - Sep 10, 2011
- Lively's shopping getaway with beau - Jul 24, 2011
- DiCaprio to Efron: Don't do heroin - Apr 14, 2009
- DiCaprio donates $1m to Haiti Relief Fund - Jan 22, 2010
- Has Blake Lively set her sights on Leonardo DiCaprio? - Jan 11, 2011
- Zac Efron to star in 'Akira'? - Nov 08, 2010
- Zac Efron hates watching himself on screen as he notices 'every single flaw' - Jul 30, 2010