Zac Efron initially found ‘17 Again’ role intimidatingApril 9th, 2009 - 5:09 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Apr 9 (ANI): High School Musical star Zac Efron has revealed about his new movie ‘17 Again’ and the role he plays in it.
For Efron, 21, the movie was at first a little intimidating, especially when he had to be a 37-year-old man in a 17-year-old boy’s body.
“Truthfully, in 17 Again, although it takes place in a high school setting, the character is very removed from a high school,” the Daily Telegraph quoted him as saying.
The film tells the story of Mike O’Donnell (Matthew Perry), a 37-year-old who falls into a river during a mid-life crisis and is transformed into his 17-year-old self (played by Efron).
“Adam Shankman, who directed me in Hairspray, came up with the idea and he asked me about it,” Efron said.
“I was intimidated at first - I didn’t know what to think. I was scared to play a 37-year-old guy who’s pretending to be a 17-year-old because it was confusing.
“I couldn’t even wrap my own mind around it. It wasn’t just another high school romance,” he stated.
Efron was not exaggerating about the romance either, as his character had to dodge the advances of his own daughter while trying to woo his estranged wife Scarlet (Leslie Mann), who can’t work out why she’s drawn to a 17-year-old and finds it quite creepy.
The young actor was initially daunted at the prospect of romancing Mann, but as the film rolled he found it easier.
“On paper I was,” he said.
“But when it actually happened, when we actually started filming, the closer I got to Leslie the easier it was. It felt very natural.
“I think I definitely have a crush on Leslie. She’s very sweet, very pretty and her personality shines,” he added. (ANI)
- Zac Efron not bothered by gay rumours - Sep 11, 2012
- Zac Efron eager to star in 'Memphis' movie - Aug 19, 2010
- Playing a perfect guy annoyed Efron - Apr 06, 2012
- Zac Efron says he still can't handle fan crowds - Sep 27, 2010
- Efron eyes Broadway stint - Sep 14, 2012
- Efron didn't cash in on success - May 07, 2012
- Zac Efron to star in "sexy thriller" film - Jun 24, 2009
- Efron fancied his babysitter - Mar 01, 2012
- Zac Efron donates clothes to charity - Dec 10, 2011
- Zac Efron's New Avatar - Sep 21, 2010
- Emraan wants action film with strong script - Mar 23, 2012
- Efron loves being in love - May 01, 2012
- I always dreamt of making films: Tom Cruise - Dec 05, 2011
- Zac Efron wants to bare all for a film - Sep 18, 2010
- No Valentine plans for Zac Efron - Feb 10, 2012
Tags: adam shankman, daily telegraph, dodge, hairspray, high school romance, leslie mann, matthew perry, melbourne, mid life crisis, musical star, old man, personality, scarlet, young actor, zac efron