YRF launches new youth film studio Y-FilmsApril 1st, 2011 - 1:05 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, March 31 (IANS) Yash Raj Films Thursday launched a new youth film studio Y-Films, which would showcase a fresh crop of directors and stars.
“Y-Films promises to deliver kick ass films of the youth, by the youth, for the youth and be the platform for new talent, both on screen and behind the scenes, who will challenge, change, break and set new rules of story telling,” Ashish Patil, head of Y-Films said at the launch.
Y-Films is ready with three films - “Luv Ka The End” and “Virus Diwan” directed by Bumpy and “Mujhse Fraaandship Karoge” directed by Nupur Asthana”.
Y-Films would come up with unconventional marketing strategies to promote their films.
“There are very aggressive digital strategies where lots of digital partners would come to play to help us. That’s a challenge to the marketing process that was happening in the past. There was a template. By design Y-Films would burn those templates. All the things that we are going to do around marketing films would be pretty fresh,” said Patil.
Creatively it would be completely independent of Yash Raj Films, claimed Patil.
“The only thing that we are tapping into as far the mother ship Yash Raj Films is concerned is production and distribution. Creatively its a completely new world. That’s what is wonderful working with Adi (Aditya Chopra) and Yashji,” said Patil.
The first film “Luv ka The End” is slated to release May 6.
- I'm not a rocket that'd be launched repeatedly: Shraddha Kapoor - Apr 06, 2011
- YRF launches Boney Kapoor's son Arjun with 'Virus Diwan' - Apr 01, 2011
- Sony Music, YRF strike digital music rights deal - Aug 08, 2011
- Facebook inspires 'Mujhse Fraaandship Karoge' poster - Sep 05, 2011
- 'Mere Dad Ki Maruti' goes on floors (With Image) - May 16, 2012
- Horror scores over romance at box office - May 11, 2011
- 'Freak Out' first Bollywood song to use stop-motion technique - Apr 14, 2011
- Box office offers spooky 'Haunted', teenage romance 'Luv Ka...' (IANS preview) - May 04, 2011
- Old-time extras back on screen with 'Mutton song' - Apr 20, 2011
- 'Mujhse Fraaandship...' must watch for social networking addicts (IANS Movie Review - Rating: ***) - Oct 14, 2011
- Kunal Kohli Addicted To Love! - Nov 29, 2010
- Karan, Adi are 'lallu': SRK (Movie Snippets) - Oct 11, 2011
- Ravi Kishan signs Yash Raj's next - May 19, 2012
- Fresh faced: Bollywood maps new terrain (With Images) - May 19, 2011
- Yash Chopra ropes in Rahman for his next - May 17, 2011
Tags: adi, aditya chopra, ashish patil, asthana, digital partners, digital strategies, diwan, film studio, kick ass films, launch, marketing process, marketing strategies, mother ship, showcase, templates, three films, virus, yash raj films, youth film