Youth ready to watch people like me on TV: Sunny LeoneAugust 9th, 2012 - 1:00 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 9 (IANS) She has no regrets for what she does, and knows her work as a porn star goes against Indian culture. But Sunny Leone says its because the country’s younger generation is willing to accept all kinds of people that she has been able to make inroads into the Hindi film industry.
“I did not think that people will like me because of my background, like what I do for my living in the US. I was not sure if it would be accepted here,” Sunny, who has made her Bollywood debut with erotic thriller “Jism 2″, told IANS.
What set the ball rolling for the 31-year-old, Indo-Canadian adult star here was her participation in reality show “Bigg Boss 5″. She received the offer for “Jism 2″ via acclaimed filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt, and the spotlight has been on her ever since.
Sunny, who was named among top 12 porn stars of the world by Maxim magazine in 2010, says the prejudices for people in her profession seem to be diminishing in the minds of the youth.
“I think the young generation of people are ready to see someone like me on TV. Otherwise I would not be here. I think one should live life the way they want regardless of what people think about you,” she added.
“Jism 2″, which released Friday, has proved to be beyond just a bold attempt to show skin and sex. Sunny, who is paired with Arunoday Singh and Randeep Hooda in the movie, says she had fallen in love with its script.
“It’s been almost 12 years or so… I have done everything under the sun, did everything that is wrong as per Indian culture. (For ‘Jism 2′), I fell in love with the story. I loved reading it again and again, and this film will always be special for me,” she added.
Sunny is now expected to start shooting for Ekta Kapoor’s “Ragini MMS 2″ towards the end of 2012.
- I would love to work with Aamir: Sunny Leone - Aug 07, 2012
- Want to be successful mainstream actress: Sunny Leone (Interview) - Sep 03, 2012
- 'Jism 2' gets 'A' certificate - Jul 18, 2012
- 'Ragini MMS 2' shoot to start by year end - Aug 13, 2012
- Sunny Leone keen to do family drama - Sep 10, 2012
- Bipasha's 'Raaz 3' to uncover with Sunny's 'Jism 2' - Jul 23, 2012
- Arunoday Singh says he is fearless (With Images) - Jul 23, 2012
- Sunny Leone was shy shooting lovemaking scene: Mahesh Bhatt (Interview, With Image) - May 19, 2012
- Sunny Leone signs first endorsement deal in India (With Images) - Apr 26, 2012
- Double-meaning not my style, says Pooja Bhatt - Jul 24, 2012
- Salman Khan tops Sunny Leone's co-star wish list - Aug 06, 2012
- 'Jism 2' not as crazy as you think, says Sunny - Aug 01, 2012
- 'Big Boss'? Not again, says Sunny Leone - Jul 30, 2012
- Sunny Leone celebrates birthday with 'Jism 2' team - May 14, 2012
- Pooja Bhatt wants 'Jism 2' to be her 'Arth' - Jul 28, 2012
Tags: adult star, bold attempt, canadian adult, ekta kapoor, filmmaker, hindi film industry, indian culture, indo, inroads, maxim magazine, mumbai, no regrets, porn stars, prejudices, ragini, randeep hooda, reality show, sunny leone, young generation, younger generation