Young and old Bruce Willis star together in PS9m TV adDecember 20th, 2008 - 3:24 pm ICT by ANI
London, December 20 (ANI): Hollywood A-listers including Bruce Willis were shot starring with their younger selves in a television ad costing a staggering 9 million pounds.
With the help of technical wizardry, 53-year-old Bruce appeared sitting next to his older self in 1988 movie Die Hard, shouting his lungs out in a car chase.
The endorsement, by agency AMV BBDO, which has its reputation for making quirky Guinness ads, has found itself being amongst one of the most expensive ads ever made, reports the Sun.
The campaign, which further stars Ringo Starr, Elle Macpherson and Alice Cooper, is set to be screened for six months from Boxing Day.
Norwich Union, now Aviva, revealed that another reason for their choice of celebrities owed to they fact that they had also changed their names.
While Bruce was originally born as Walter Willis and model Elle as Eleanor Nancy Gow, Ringo was formerly known as Richard Starkey. (ANI)
- Bruce Willis, Ringo Starr in 9 mn pounds TV advertisement - Dec 20, 2008
- Drummer Zak Starkey Of "The Who" Was Amazing In Super Bowl Halftime Show - Feb 08, 2010
- Ringo Starr's Liverpool birthplace in new demolition threat - Aug 18, 2010
- Liverpool to pull down famed son Ringo Starr's house - Aug 18, 2010
- 50 years on, Ringo Starr still gets stage fright - Jul 11, 2011
- George Harrison's son Dhani won't team up with Beatles' boys - Jan 11, 2010
- Bruce Willis says wearing no undies critical to being an action hero! - Nov 01, 2010
- Bruce Willis wants to do 2 more 'Die Hard' movies - Oct 09, 2010
- Posh's dress a hit with celebs - Jul 14, 2010
- Beatles' offsprings not planning boy band - Jan 12, 2010
- Elle Macpherson under fire over illegal rhino remedy - Jul 06, 2010
- Perry, Bieber ad banned in Britain - Jul 20, 2012
- Beatles, Rolling Stones, Sex Pistols to perform together at London Olympics? - Apr 25, 2011
- Paul McCartney may marry Nancy Shevell - Feb 09, 2009
- Bruce welcomes fourth child - Apr 02, 2012
Tags: alice cooper, amv bbdo, aviva, boxing day, bruce willis, car chase, die hard, eleanor nancy gow, elle macpherson, endorsement, guinness, listers, lungs, norwich union, richard starkey, ringo starr, six months, technical wizardry, tv ad, walter willis