You have to do roles that suit your age: Raveena TandonJanuary 29th, 2011 - 9:52 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 29 (IANS) Raveena Tandon, who has been away from the big screen for nearly five years, promises to make a comeback soon but says she will only accept something that suits her age.”I am gradually going through scripts and you will soon see me back in movies. I am looking for something challenging and interesting. Not something that the actresses are doing today as it will not suit me,” Raveena, 36, told IANS on phone from Mumbai.
“I would not like to fool myself doing what the actresses are doing today. Today, I can’t play the role of college student. If somebody even offers me one, I would myself ask them to get their brain examined. You have to do roles that suit your age,” she added.
Raveena started her career in 1991 with “Patthar Ke Phool” and went on do films like “Parampara”, “Andaaz Apna Apna”, “Mohra”, “Shool” and “Satta”. Her powerful performance as a victim of marital violence in “Daman” even won her a National award.
After working for about 13 years, the actress decided to settle down and tied the knot with distributor Anil Thadani in 2004 in Udaipur’s Jag Mandir Palace. The couple have two children - daughter Rasha, six, and three-and-a-half-year-old son Ranbir.
Her last big screen outing was the 2006 movie “Sandwich” with Govinda and Mahima Chaudhary. In between, however, Raveena has been taking small screen assignments.
She judged the children’s reality show “Chhote Miyan” in 2009. She also joins the judges’ panel for Disney Channel’s new children talent hunt show “Disney Channel Shooting Stars”, where kids will showcase their acting, singing and dancing talent. The winner will get a chance to star in the channel’s original productions in India.
Though she is looking at scripts and accepting TV offers, Raveena says her priority is still her children.
“My children are my priority right now. They are in the best days of their life and I don’t want to miss that. If I do a movie, the schedule would require me to stay away from them for a long time. They go to school and I cannot afford to stay away from them for such a long time.”
It is often said that an actress who gets married has fewer options but Raveena doesn’t agree.
“It used to happen earlier when after marriage there used to be fewer options for actresses, not any more. With married heroes being cast in movies, it has slowly opened doors for female actors as well. The industry has broadened its horizon, the whole perception has changed and Kajol is one of the prime examples of the same,” she said.
“Over the years there has been a great change in the industry…a lot of crossover cinema happened. It is great to see that the films being made today are a mix of realism and entertainment,” she added.
- Was waiting to do children's film: Raveena (Movie Snippets) - Dec 05, 2011
- Raveena recalls Ash's family dreams - Jun 22, 2011
- Juggling between work and family not easy, says Raveena - Nov 27, 2011
- Playing dumb fun for Shivshakti Sachdev (With Image) - Aug 06, 2012
- I will only do roles that suit my age: Raveena Tandon - Jan 19, 2009
- Don't think my husband and I'll work together: Shruti Seth - Apr 08, 2012
- Movies are more than just numbers: Kabir Khan (Movie Snippets) - Sep 07, 2012
- Raveena addicted to 'D.K. Bose' (Movie Snippets) - Jul 26, 2011
- Vidushi Mehra trying to carve niche with small roles (With Images) - Mar 11, 2011
- Running after kids keeps me fit: Raveena Tandon - Nov 20, 2010
- My dance in 'Bbuddah...' not typical item number: Raveena Tandon - Jun 19, 2011
- I see part of myself in Kareena: Raveena Tandon - Jun 22, 2009
- Loren's tribute to Walt Disney with 'Cars 2' - Jun 17, 2011
- Raveena in animated version of 'Andaz Apna Apna' - Dec 10, 2011
- Gurdeep Kohli to play lady cop in 'Rowdy Rathore' - May 29, 2012
Tags: 13 years, andaaz, daman, disney channel, govinda, jag mandir palace, jan 29, judges panel, knot, mahima chaudhary, mandir, marital violence, miyan, patthar ke phool, raveena tandon, reality show, screen outing, shooting stars, talent hunt, thadani