Yoko Ono wins first music awardJune 12th, 2009 - 2:52 pm ICT by ANI
London, June 12 (ANI): John Lennon’s widow Yoko Ono has been honored with a lifetime achievement honour at the Mojo magazine awards in London.
Ono, who was given the first music prize of her career, thanked Mojo for their “courageous” decision.
She has come under fire many times, as many people believe that her “main achievement” was to cause the Beatles to split, reports The BBC.
On being asked what Lennon might have said had he been around, she replied, “He would have said, ‘I told you so, man.’
“He was the only person who was really believing and promoting my work. Without that I might have been pretty discouraged.”
Many other musicians praised her.
Smiths guitarist Johnny Marr said, “But also her records are pretty great, she didn’t really need to be a Beatle wife.”
Music producer Mark Ronson said, “I’m a fan of hers. All those early Plastic Ono recordings are just incredible.” (ANI)
- Yoko Ono Keeps The Legend Alive - Oct 08, 2010
- Lady Gaga sings with Yoko Ono - Oct 05, 2010
- Yoko Ono opposes the parole of John Lennon's killer - Mark David Chapman - Aug 08, 2010
- My art reflects my affair with Lennon: Yoko Ono (With Image) - Jan 16, 2012
- Beatles broke up because they had reached an end, says Yoko Ono - Dec 26, 2010
- Beatles, iTunes deal still at impasse, says Yoko Ono - Aug 07, 2010
- Yoko Ono celebrates John Lennon's 70th birthday with a musical birthday message - Oct 10, 2010
- Yoko Ono set to pen tell-all book on John Lennon - Jan 05, 2010
- I will learn a lot from Indian women: Yoko Ono - Jan 12, 2012
- Yoko Ono mourns Oasis split - Jun 04, 2010
- Yoko Ono talks about John Lennon on Beatle legend's 70th b'day - Oct 06, 2010
- Brad Pitt in talks to play John Lennon? - Jan 08, 2011
- Folk singer gets John Lennon letter after four decades - Aug 16, 2010
- Yoko Ono Does Not Want John Lennon's Killer Mark David Chapman On Parole - Aug 08, 2010
- Yoko Ono to bring multimedia art to India - Dec 04, 2011
Tags: bbc, beatles, courageous decision, first music, guitarist, honour, john lennon, johnny marr, lifetime achievement, magazine awards, mark ronson, mojo, mojo magazine, music award, music prize, music producer, musicians, plastic ono, widow yoko ono, yoko ono