Yoko Ono to judge haiku contest in LondonMay 20th, 2009 - 4:49 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 20 (ANI): John Lennon’s widow Yoko Ono is all set to judge a haiku contest in London.
Haiku is a form of Japanese poetry consisting of seventeen syllables.
Londoners have been challenged to write a haiku about the British summer, and post it on their Twitter.com accounts by May 22.
And Ono, who hails from Japan, will get to decide the winning poem, reports the Daily Express.
The winner’s poem will be displayed at the city’s King’s Cross Station. (ANI)
- Yoko Ono star of India-Japan friendship gala (With image) - Jan 05, 2012
- Lady Gaga sings with Yoko Ono - Oct 05, 2010
- John Lennon's never before seen art work to go on display - Feb 21, 2011
- Yoko plans Lennon's 70th memorial birthday celebration in Iceland - Aug 29, 2010
- Ringo Starr joins Yoko Ono on stage at John Lennon tribute concert - Oct 11, 2010
- John Lennon's Personal Letters To Be Published - Jan 23, 2011
- Google Celebrates John Lennon's 70th birthday with their first video doodle - Oct 09, 2010
- John Lennon's 'Imagine' microphones up for grabs - Apr 30, 2011
- Brad Pitt in talks to play John Lennon? - Jan 08, 2011
- Today is John Lennon's death anniversary - Dec 08, 2011
- Lennon's widow to pen autobiography - Jan 05, 2010
- Yoko Ono to close John Lennon Museum in Tokyo - Feb 05, 2010
- John Lennon's letter to be published next year - Jan 24, 2011
- John Lennon's letters sold for $500,000 - Jan 23, 2011
- Yoko Ono to mark John Lennon's 70th b'day with Iceland ceremony - Aug 27, 2010