Yoko Ono opposes the parole of John Lennon’s killer - Mark David ChapmanAugust 8th, 2010 - 7:33 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, Aug 8 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The killer of John Lennon – Mark David Chapman is all set to face the parole board on the 9th of August and Lennon’s widow – Yoko Ono is fighting tooth and nail to keep him locked away behind bars.
It ought to be mentioned that Mark had shot the Beatles legend John Lennon in December 1980, and since then he has spent almost three decades behind bars. Yoko Ono has written to the parole board of the Attica prison requesting them to turn down the parole of Mark and keep him behind bars.
According to reports, Mark is apologetic about his crime and also repents it constantly. And that is not all, he also has got a clean chit for his prison record for the past 20 years, and is also said to be a born again Christian too. All these factors might come in very handy in front of the parole board, but Yoko Ono is leaving no stone unturned in her bid to keep the killer locked away. She still feels that he is a threat to her and to John Lennon’s children as well, hence in view of her safety concerns she feels that the parole board ought to deny his request.
- In jail for 31 years, Lennon killer up for parole again - Aug 19, 2012
- Mark David Chapman denied parole for the sixth time - Sep 08, 2010
- John Lennon's killer denied parole - Sep 08, 2010
- Mark David Chapman Refused Parole Once More - Sep 08, 2010
- John Lennon's widow says Mark Chapman is still a threat - Aug 06, 2010
- Yoko Ono is against the parole of John Lennon's killer - Jul 28, 2010
- Mark Chapman 'signed into protective custody to have sex with wife' - Sep 18, 2010
- Yoko Ono Does Not Want John Lennon's Killer Mark David Chapman On Parole - Aug 08, 2010
- Yoko Lennon Opposed To Parole For Killer - Aug 08, 2010
- Yoko Ono still against parole for John Lennon's killer - Jul 27, 2010
- How Yoko Ono reacted when doc broke John Lennon's death news - Dec 06, 2010
- "The Beatles" Fans Pay Tribute To John Lennon, Remembers Mark David Chapman - Dec 09, 2010
- John Lennon's killer denied parole for fifth time - Aug 13, 2008
- The Slayer Of The Revered John Lennon Is Eligible For Parole Again - Sep 07, 2010
- Brad Pitt in talks to play John Lennon? - Jan 08, 2011