Yoko Ono holds back tears at press unveiling of Lennon’s NY exhibitionMay 12th, 2009 - 5:48 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, May 12 (ANI): John Lennon’s widow Yoko Ono kept her tears from pouring while speaking about a forthcoming New York exhibition in honour of the late Beatle.
The exhibition, entitled John Lennon: The New York City Years, will feature the singer’s personal possessions public for the first time at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Annex.
Items like guitars, a posthumous Grammy Award, and the star’s iconic New York City T-shirt are set to go on public display.
And Ono, who held herself together while discussing Lennon’s love for the city in which he was murdered, continues to get upset when the tragedy is mentioned.
“It (the bag) was hard to include. And I thought it might be criticised as well,” Contactmusic quoted her as saying.
“I know it’s a kind of a sad and very poignant kind of paradox that he loved this place so much and this is where he was killed. I still get affected by it. If it (his death) was a slow a process we could have talked about it or something,” she said. (ANI)a
- John Lennon's never before seen art work to go on display - Feb 21, 2011
- Lady Gaga sings with Yoko Ono - Oct 05, 2010
- John Lennon 'didn't want to be a dead hero' - Dec 09, 2010
- Yoko Ono to bring multimedia art to India - Dec 04, 2011
- John Lennon's blood-stained clothes on display - May 13, 2009
- I will learn a lot from Indian women: Yoko Ono - Jan 12, 2012
- In jail for 31 years, Lennon killer up for parole again - Aug 19, 2012
- Yoko plans Lennon's 70th memorial birthday celebration in Iceland - Aug 29, 2010
- John Lennon's family feuds end for good - Sep 20, 2010
- John Lennon's killer denied parole - Sep 08, 2010
- Brad Pitt in talks to play John Lennon? - Jan 08, 2011
- Yoko Ono all praise for John Lennon flick - Sep 28, 2010
- World's first Lennon museum closed in Japan - Oct 01, 2010
- Yoko Ono: 'We're Still Partners' 30 Years After John Lennon's Death - Sep 20, 2010
- My art reflects my affair with Lennon: Yoko Ono (With Image) - Jan 16, 2012
Tags: beatle, exhibition, fame annex, grammy award, guitars, hall of fame, honour, john lennon, love, new york city, paradox, personal possessions, rock and roll, rock and roll hall of fame, t shirt, tragedy, unveiling, widow yoko ono, yoko ono