Yoga has changed my life: GovindaNovember 9th, 2008 - 9:04 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Nov 9 (IANS) Having made a career out of comic roles, Govinda now wants to switch to action. He is really working hard on his physique and has got himself a martial arts and physical trainer.”I’ve done action films in the past like ‘Hatya’ and ‘Shola Aur Shabnam’. But they weren’t full-on actioners. I now want to do an action film with stunts of an international calibre. I don’t want to just plunge into it without being fully prepared. I’ve already lost a lot of weight. But it isn’t enough. I want to lose some more,” said Govinda.
The actor recently discovered yoga and he says it has changed his lifestyle completely.
He said: “Yoga has changed my life. No matter what my schedule, I’ve to do yoga every morning. I feel the difference within me. It’s not about just losing weight. I lost a lot of weight earlier this year when I was shooting in Bangkok with Suniel Shetty for ‘Loot’. No, yoga is about self-discipline, about toning the body. I feel myself losing inches around my waist. I fill fitter. I can get into tight clothes without cringing.”
So what is his fitness target?
“To look as healthy, handsome and fit as Dharam-ji (Dharmendra) did in his heydays. He has always been my role model. And now when I look at myself in the mirror I see glimpses of him in myself. That makes me feel really good,” the actor said.
“I might soon get together with David Dhawan to make ‘Handsome No.1′,” he laughed.
- It's action time for funny man Govinda - Aug 16, 2009
- Govinda: "My Role Started As A Guest Appearance" - Aug 14, 2009
- Tough to be No.1 father, husband: Govinda - Mar 03, 2012
- Holly Madison told to shed weight for 'Peepshow' - Jan 12, 2011
- Aniston avoids junk food to stay slim - Jun 29, 2011
- Nihalani turns director with Govinda starrer 'Avatar' - Mar 11, 2012
- I'm definitely producing another film in May: Lara - Dec 29, 2011
- Good movie needs emotional director: David Dhawan - Jul 31, 2009
- Megan Gale back in supermodel shape after pole dancing and no alcohol - Mar 20, 2011
- I want to be fit, not all muscles: Anil Kapoor - May 01, 2012
- 34st man vows to lose weight after docs fail to find his heart - Mar 29, 2011
- Priyanka Chopra launches official website (Film Snippets) - Aug 08, 2010
- Salman's RSVP to David Dhawan from Cuba - Feb 11, 2012
- Scherzinger comes to terms with natural body shape - May 09, 2011
- Li Na appreciates hubby's support for her Australian Open campaign - Jan 29, 2011