‘Yeh Jo Mohabbat hai’ a modern love story: Ashim SamantaJune 21st, 2012 - 12:16 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 20 (IANS) Producer Ashim Samanta is set to continue the legacy of Aradhana Films with his upcoming romantic flick “Yeh Jo Mohabbat hai”.
This will be his son, Aditya Samanta’s debut film and he will be seen with Sanjay Dutt’s niece, Nazia Hussain. The film is directed by Shree Narayan Singh.
Both Aditya and Nazia make a nice on screen couple. “I am very excited. I hope that they succeed. The chemistry on screen is excellent. They both look fantastic and like they are made for each other,” Ashim said on the music launch of the film Wednesday.
“She (Nazia) is exactly what we wanted. I auditioned so many girls. I wanted somebody young and innocent and not very modern. I wanted a mix of tradition and modernity and that was tough,” he added.
The music of the film is fresh and has been composed by Anu Malik, who was also present at the event along with the complete cast of the film. The film’s cast also includes veteran actors like Mohnish Behl, Rati Agnihotri and Farida Jalal.
Shakti Samanta’s banner Aradhana Films is known for its epic romantic dramas like Amar Prem, Kati Patang and Aradhana. “Yeh Jo Mohabbat Hai” is also a romantic film but is modern in its outlook.
“Emotions like love don’t change with time. We might be portraying age old emotions in the film, but the film is very modern in its outlook,” Ashim said.
- Gear up for romance, comedy, thriller this Friday (IANS Preview) - Jul 31, 2012
- Old is gold: Revival time for Bollywood's defunct banners - Jul 17, 2012
- Smart scripts missing in TV shows: Farida Jalal (With Image) - Jun 14, 2011
- Rajesh Khanna's evergreen songs - Jul 18, 2012
- It was 'Love in Simla' for 'Shagird' Joy Mukherjee (Filmography) - Mar 09, 2012
- Akshay Kumar set to turn DJ for retro night - Oct 09, 2010
- Akshay Kumar Goes For Retro Night To Promote 'Action Replayy' - Oct 12, 2010
- K3G my biggest celluloid dream possible: Karan Johar - Dec 14, 2011
- Rakshanda Makes A Comeback To TV With 'Ammaji Ki Galli’ - Oct 14, 2010
- Scarcity of songs spells doom for 'Yeh Khula Aasmaan' soundtrack (IANS Music Review) - May 10, 2012
- Ayan, Ranbir back with 'Yeh Jaawani...' - Mar 12, 2012
- Are you an expensive surgeon, Rajesh Khanna asked (With Image) - Jul 25, 2012
- Are you an expensive surgeon, Rajesh Khanna asked (Lead, with correction in second para) - Jul 25, 2012
- Rajesh Khanna was destined to be superstar, says Dimple (Lead) - Aug 18, 2012
- Rajesh Khanna was destined to be superstar: Dimple Kapadia - Aug 18, 2012
Tags: change with time, debut film, farida jalal, malik, modern love story, modernity, mohabbat, mohnish behl, music launch, narayan, nazia, old emotions, patang, prem, rati agnihotri, romantic dramas, romantic film, sanjay dutt, shakti samanta, veteran actors