Yash Raj Films unveil song promo to mark SRK birthdayNovember 3rd, 2008 - 4:10 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Nov 3 (IANS) Yash Raj Films decided to give a special birthday gift to Shah Rukh Khan - in a departure from tradition, the production house unveiled the first promo of the superstar’s upcoming film “Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi” before its music release.”This is for the first time that we are releasing a song promo before the music release. We thought of doing so because the occasion was special,” said Aditya Chopra, who has written and directed “Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi”, scheduled for release Dec 12.
The promo of “Haule Haule”, featuring SRK and new-find Anuksha Sharma, has already hit the television screens and provides a first look of the movie. It is sung by Sukhwinder Singh.
The music, scored by Salim and Sulaiman will be released Nov 6. The duo had composed music for “Chak De! India”.
As part of the marketing strategy, Yash Raj Films has installed the movie’s promotional standees in all theatres which give a hint of SRK’s looks in the movie. He sports a double role - one of a modestly-dressed bespectacled small-town gentleman and the other of a city guy sporting spiked hair and wearing a trendy T-shirt.
Khan, who has earlier played double roles in “Duplicate” and “Om Shanti Om”, has given Yash Raj Films their biggest hit ever with “Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge”. India’s longest running movie “Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge” broke the record set by Ramesh Sippy’s “Sholay”.
Interestingly, “Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi” also features Bollywood’s four top-notch leading ladies - Kajol, Rani Mukherjee, Preity Zinta and Priyanka Chopra - in special appearances and has seven singers - Lata Mangeshkar, Sonu Nigam, Abhijeet, Shaan, Sunidhi Chauhan and the composer duo Salim Merchant and Sulaiman Khan - singing for it.
Yash Chopra had given a specially-designed trophy to filmmaker Karan Johar as a memento to mark their decade-long business association late last month.
- YRF's 'Band Baaja Baraat' releases Dec 10 - Sep 26, 2010
- Movie Preview: Band Baaja Baraat - Dec 09, 2010
- Bonding with co-stars works for romantic film: SRK - Sep 26, 2011
- (VM) I just got lucky, says SRK on 20 years in B-Town - Jun 25, 2012
- Salim-Sulaiman to recreate classics with The Bollywood Musical - May 17, 2012
- Review Of 'Band Baaja Baaraat': Family Entertainer With Punjabi Beats! - Dec 11, 2010
- Working with new actors a learning experience: SRK - Aug 06, 2012
- 'Rab Ne...' will always remain special: Anushka Sharma - Dec 10, 2011
- Never a problem with Aditya Chopra: Habib Faisal - May 05, 2012
- Bipasha wants Atif to sing just for her (Movie Snippets) - Nov 26, 2010
- YRF launches new face with Anushka Sharma - Feb 04, 2010
- Yash Raj Films goes Blue-ray with 11 films - Dec 22, 2009
- It was refreshing to work with Katrina: Anushka Sharma - Aug 08, 2012
- 'Rocket Singh' short but sweet album (IANS Music Review) - Dec 07, 2009
- All about the Shahid- Anushka pairing - Apr 15, 2009