X Factor: Rocking the Stage in SeattleSeptember 29th, 2011 - 3:53 pm ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
Sep 29 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Simon Cowell, Nicole Scherzinger, Paula Abdul, and LA Reid were on last night’s episode of ‘The X Factor’ to judge the thousands of contestants. Those people were there to fight for the largest prize ever given in television and music, a five million dollar contract with Sony. Part two of the show was performed in Seattle, Washington.
After a performance of ‘End of the Road’ which even impressed the writer LA Reid, the boy band ‘4Shore’ had the audience rocking. LA Reid gave them a standing ovation, and said that ‘Boys 2 Men’ would be proud. Nicole loved it, as did Paula. Simon felt that they were a group which America could be proud of. They received 4 yes votes.
Fifty three year old Elaine is a grandmother who also rocked the stage and received 4 yes votes. Seventeen year old Francesca sang ‘Hero’ with no music, and received all 4 yes votes as well. Tiger did not impress LA Reid, but Simon gave him his third yes to send him through.
Phillip took the stage with a grin, bursting with confidence which Simon noticed. He sang ‘Fly Me to the Moon’. He sang terrifically, but his dancing and the way he played the audience created even more love for his performance. Simon said that self belief is part of being a star, and added that he had great charisma. LA called him a star. Paula called him magical, and Nicole found him charming. He received 4 yes votes.
As the night was drawing to a close, nineteen year old Tia took the stage and sang with no music. Simon and LA said she was “dead on arrival” because young girls had been having a hard time getting past the two female judges. Sure enough, Simon and LA gave her two yes votes, while Paula and Nicole said no. LA gave her one more chance to impress the ladies. Tia took a deep breath, and belted out ‘It Don’t Mean a Thing’. Simon said, “Nicole, Paula, I am begging you here.” Nicole told Tia that she sees the steel in her eyes, but needs her to work on her vocals. Nicole gave her a chance and said yes. Simon said he had never felt so strongly for someone.
- X Factor Season Premiere: Marcus Canton's Last Chance - Sep 22, 2011
- X Factor Season Premiere: Dexter's Second Chance - Sep 23, 2011
- X Factor Season Premiere: Melanie Amaro - Sep 23, 2011
- X Factor: Drew Makes Daddy Cry - Sep 29, 2011
- X Factor Season Premiere: Siameze - Sep 22, 2011
- X Factor Season Premiere: Chris Makes it Real - Sep 22, 2011
- X Factor Season Premiere: Simon & LA Form a New Rivalry - Sep 22, 2011
- X Factor Season Premiere: Caitlyn & Zander - Sep 23, 2011
- X Factor Season Premiere: Nick Voss - Sep 23, 2011
- X Factor: Brian the 14 Year Old Rapper - Sep 30, 2011
- X Factor: Tora Charms Simon - Sep 30, 2011
- X Factor: Brennen Hunt - Sep 30, 2011
- X Factor: Newark NJ Rocks the Stage - Sep 30, 2011
- X Factor Season Premiere: Stacy Francis - Sep 22, 2011
- X Factor: Top 32 Sing for Their Mentors, Part 2 - Oct 17, 2011
Tags: boys 2 men, charisma, dead on arrival, deep breath, dollar contract, elaine, female judges, francesca, grandmother, hard time, hero, nicole scherzinger, paula abdul, seattle washington, self belief, simon cowell, standing ovation, tia, x factor, young girls