WWE Smackdown: Edge Returns! Rhodes AmbushedSeptember 17th, 2011 - 1:47 pm ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
Sep 17 (THAINDIAN NEWS) As last night’s episode of ‘WWE Friday Night Smackdown’ began, Edge was welcomed back to the WWE. Toronto’s own Rated R Superstar, eleven time World Heavy Weight Champion, Edge was forced to stop wrestling a few months back due to a condition in his spine. If he had competed in even one more match, he could have been paralyzed. He has been a guest star in the television show ‘Haven’ which airs on Fridays after Smackdown.
As Edge took the mic, he shared how much he missed the grand entrance he made. “Even if this is a one time occurrence, it feels so good to stand in the WWE ring again.” He expressed how much better it feels to be in his home town. He told how fun it had been to shoot a television show, but shared that he misses wrestling, the competition, the friendships. He said it sucks that in the real world, his pyro and theme music doesn’t play when he walks in a room. The he turned to the audience and said, “Most of all, I miss you guys.” He shared that he was there to host ‘The Cutting Edge’ later with guest Mark Henry, and Randy Orton.
Edge was soon interrupted by Cody Rhodes. Rhodes accused Edge of sucking up to the audience, and said, “I thought you were above that…maybe not. Maybe you’re just like all of these blank and hopeless faces that are in need of paper bags over them.” Edge told him that maybe he should stop blaming everyone else and take responsibility for his own issues. Rhodes in turn accused Edge of being bitter. Rhodes then went into a rant about being the Intercontinental Champion.
Rhodes called himself the new face of Smackdown, and offered Edge a paper bag. Edge responded, “Thanks for the offer, but if you are the new face of the WWE, then I think the WWE needs a paper bag much more than I do.” And with that, Edge told Rhodes that he was amazed that anyone as charismatic as Dusty Rhodes could have sired him. Edge then left the ring, before Rhodes’ continued rant “put him to sleep.” As Rhodes proceeded to pass out paper bags, a man in the audience with a bag over his face already attacked Rhodes viciously. The man under the bag? Ted DiBiase.
- WWE Smackdown: Randy Orton vs Ted Dibiase - Aug 27, 2011
- WWE Smackdown: Daniel Bryan vs Ted Diabiase - Jul 02, 2011
- WWE Smackdown: Rhodes vs Jackson - Aug 20, 2011
- WWE Smackdown: Daniel Bryan vs Cody Rhodes - Jun 25, 2011
- WWE Smackdown: DiBiase vs Jackson, Intercontinental Championship Match - Jul 16, 2011
- WWE Raw: Slammy Award Night; Cena Returns to RAW! - Dec 14, 2010
- WWE Raw: Edge's Shocking Announcement - Apr 12, 2011
- WWE Smackdown: Teddy Long Takes Over - Oct 08, 2011
- Who Won 'WWE Bragging Rights' & Who Got 'Buried Alive'? - Oct 25, 2010
- WWE Smackdown: Zack Ryder vs Ezekiel Jackson - Aug 06, 2011
- WWE Raw: CM Punk/ Triple H Spat, WWE Champ Decision - Aug 02, 2011
- WWE Smackdown: Kane's on the Edge - Dec 18, 2010
- WWE Monday Night RAW: Smackdown vs Raw Battle Royal - Oct 19, 2010
- WWE Raw: WWE Superstars, Officials, Divas, and More Address Triple H - Oct 04, 2011
- WWE Smackdown: Christian & Rhodes vs Orton & Sheamus - Oct 08, 2011
Tags: cody rhodes, dusty rhodes, friday night smackdown, friendships, grand entrance, guest star, heavy weight champion, intercontinental champion, mark henry, new face, paper bags, pyro, randy orton, rated r superstar, television show, theme music, time occurrence, time world, wwe friday night smackdown, wwe smackdown