WWE Smackdown: Christian’s Second/Third ChanceJune 25th, 2011 - 10:37 am ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
June 25 (THAINDIAN NEWS) As Friday Night’s episode of ‘WWE Smackdown’ began, the general manager Teddy Lon made his way to the ring looking all business as he announced that there was a controversial decision made at the Championship match at Capitol Punishment. With that, he asked Christian to come out to the ring. Many feel that Christian was cheated out of the win last Sunday when Randy Orton won the World Heavyweight Championship. This is because Christian’s foot was clearly underneath the ropes when the three count was made.
Teddy admitted that it was very clear from the footage that Christian’s foot was under the rope and that the referee made a bad call, and he apologized to the WWE Universe for the bad decision, “But like it or not, the decision stands,” Teddy exclaimed. Christian was obviously not happy at all about Teddy’s announcement. Teddy informed Christian that if he wanted another chance at the world title, that he would have to win a match last night against Kane.
Kane looked very serious as he stood in the ring waiting to face his opponent, but Christian was all smiles as he walked out for his chance to try again for the World Heavyweight Championship. The smile soon faded once Kane began to pummel Christian the minute the bell rang. After a huge battle between these two men, Mark Henry interrupted the match by attacking Kane, costing Christian his shot at the title, due to his loss to Kane by disqualification. In turn, Teddy Long made a new tag team match for yet another chance for Christian.
Mark Henry and Christian would battle Kane and Randy Orton. The evil viper grin was smeared across Orton’s face as he slowly made his way to the ring. Although Christian took a beating in order to get the victory, his team mate, Mark Henry won the match, giving Christian his shot that the World Heavyweight title.
- WWE Smackdown: 41 Man Battle Royal for Championship Contender - Oct 15, 2011
- WWE Raw: Mark Henry vs Randy Orton - Oct 11, 2011
- WWE Smackdown: Christian vs Randy Orton - Oct 01, 2011
- WWE Smackdown: Aftermath of 'Extreme Rules' - May 07, 2011
- WWE Smackdown: Christian vs Orton World Heavyweight Title Match - Aug 31, 2011
- WWE Smackdown: Christian Orton Spat, Christian vs Jackson - Jul 23, 2011
- WWE Smackdown: Randy Orton vs Mark Henry - Jul 02, 2011
- WWE Smackdown: Mark Henry vs Christian & Orton vs Sheamus - Jun 05, 2011
- WWE Smackdown Triple Threat: Mark Henry vs Sheamus vs Christian - May 28, 2011
- WWE Smackdown: Kane vs Randy Orton - Jul 23, 2011
- WWE Smackdown: Christian & Rhodes vs Orton & Sheamus - Oct 08, 2011
- WWE Smackdown: Rhodes vs Jackson - Aug 20, 2011
- WWE Smackdown: 20 Man Over the Top Match - Aug 20, 2011
- WWE Smackdown: Randy Orton vs Mark Henry - May 21, 2011
- WWE Smackdown: Opening Spat & Kane vs Orton - Jul 16, 2011
Tags: bad decision, capitol punishment, controversial decision, friday night, kane kane, last sunday, lon, mark henry, mate mark, randy orton, referee, ropes, smiles, tag team, team mate, third chance, viper, world heavyweight championship, world heavyweight title, wwe smackdown