WWE Raw: Steel Cage, Championship Matches & MoreJanuary 4th, 2011 - 1:37 pm ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
Jan 4 (THAINDIAN NEWS) As WWE Monday Night Raw opened last night, an announcement was made that John Cena will likely not be there due to his injuries from last week, when he was attacked by Wade Barrett. Miz was called out for a ‘Falls Count Anywhere’ match with Alex Riley by his side. John Morrison came out to meet the Miz in the biggest match of his career, for the WWE Championship. As soon as the match began, Morrison caused Miz to hit Riley by accident. The two began to fight all over the stage, as Morrison had to take on both men. Morrison jumped on top of the ‘WWE’ sign and jumped off on top of Miz.
The Miz began to fight back pretty hard. With falls counting anywhere, all he needed to do was to make Morrison submit. He finally completed his move and retained his title, although Morrison managed to hold his own for quite some time.
Maryse and Bri Bella were soon going at it, as Natalya and Eve waited to be tagged in. Nicki Bella came from under the mat to replace her sister, unbeknownst to Maryse. Eve finally used her spinning neck breaker to win it. Koslov and Santino then came out to battle in their match with the Uso boys. The Usos won this match, exterminating Santino’s cobra move.
CM Punk stepped into the ring and laughed at the fact the John Cena wasn’t there. CM Punk claimed that he ws going to take over Nexus, and take over Smackdown. Wade Barrett came out and told Punk that Punk is not the leader of Nexus, “I am,” Wade said. Just as the rest of Nexus came out, the General Manager announced a ‘Steel Cage Match’ Sheamus, Orton, and either Barrett or Punk will wrestle for the number one contender spot. CM Punk challenged Barrett that if he does not win the match, he has to leave the Nexus. Barrett agreed, so Punk agreed to let Barrett compete.
Alberto Del Rio’s personal ring announcer, Ricardo Rodriguez was soon introduced to announce the arrival of Del Rio in a red AC Cobra car. R Truth made his way to the ring to go one on one with Smackdown’s Del Rio. Truth told Del Rio that he needed to go back to Smackdown, where he came from. But Del Rio did not seem to be ready to go anywhere as he won the match.
It was finally time for the Number One Contender’s Steel Cage Match. The winner must get out of the cage. First person to touch the floor on the outside of the cage, wins. Sheamus was the first man to come out or the match. Randy Orton soon followed, as did Wade Barrett. Orton soon began to beat on Barrett, as Sheamus tried to escape the cage, but was stopped by Orton. Soon Orton was climbing out as Sheamus and Barrett both stopped him. Orton had the chance to go out of the door at one point, but chose to turn and coil on his opponents instead. After a lengthy battle with all three men looking as though they would win, Orton finally won the match.
- WWE Raw: Cena Takes Out Nexus - Dec 07, 2010
- WWE Raw: After the Royal Rumble - Feb 01, 2011
- WWE Monday Night Raw: Aftermath of TLC - Dec 21, 2010
- WWE Royal Rumble: Shocking Upset - Jan 31, 2011
- Who Won 'WWE Bragging Rights' & Who Got 'Buried Alive'? - Oct 25, 2010
- Fights galore in 'WWE money in the bank 2011' - Jul 18, 2011
- Shawn Michaels Inducted Into the WWE Hall of Fame! - Jan 11, 2011
- WWE Final Raw Episode of 2010 - Dec 28, 2010
- WWE Raw: Countdown to Royal Rumble - Jan 25, 2011
- WWE Raw: New Nexus Member? - Jan 18, 2011
- WWE Raw: Slammy Award Night; Cena Returns to RAW! - Dec 14, 2010
- WWE TLC; Tables Ladders & Chairs Pay per View - Dec 20, 2010
- WWE Raw: McMahon is Back - Feb 08, 2011
- WWE Raw Draft: John Cena Goes to Smackdown, and Back! - Apr 26, 2011
- WWE Raw: The Rock Returns! - Feb 15, 2011
Tags: ac cobra, bri, cm punk, cobra car, del rio, john cena, john morrison, maryse, miz, monday night raw, natalya, nicki, personal ring, quite some time, raw steel, ricardo rodriguez, ring announcer, steel cage, wade barrett, wwe raw