Writers, directors share maximum credit for my success: AamirJuly 5th, 2011 - 3:15 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 5 (IANS) As an actor, producer and director, Aamir Khan hasn’t gone wrong in past few years and the star says the writers and the directors of his movies should be applauded for the success.
“If you are saying Aamir you have so many successes, I am not a solo player. It’s a team effort and in the team the two main people are not me - one is writer and the other is director,” Aamir told IANS.
In the recent past, Aamir has produced unconventional films like “Peepli Live”, “Dhobi Ghat” and recently released “Delhi Belly”. All the films set the cash registers ringing.
“I don’t have the magic touch. Yes, I have accepted those films and I have accepted the unusual films, so you can give me credit for that. I had the good sense to say yes to them, I had the good sense to work good in them and I was fortunate to have a good team in these films,” he said.
Often referred to as Mr. Perfectionist, Aamir said: “There are many reasons for which the films have been successful. Every film of mine which has become successful has first originated in the mind of a writer with whom I have no connection, neither have I given the idea to him.”
“‘Laagan’ came in Ashutosh’s mind and when he came to me, his script was totally complete and I loved it. My contribution to the script is zero. ‘Peepli Live’, ‘Rang De Basanti’, ‘Taare Zameen Par’ all of these films are written by different writers, some of them are writer-director together.
“Now, had not these beautiful scripts not come to me, I would have not been able to be part of these films. The other creative talents who have contributed to the success of the film also share the equal credit for it.”
The 46-year-old is grateful to have so many successful films under his belt.
“I am very grateful that I have so many films that are successful and I feel that I am very fortunate,” he said.
- We want good scripts, chants Bollywood - Mar 19, 2012
- Aamir thanks Akshat, Abhinay for 'Delhi Belly' success - Jul 07, 2011
- 'Delhi Belly' budget on higher side, I'm worried: Aamir - May 13, 2011
- Looking forward to the day when Salman gets married: Aamir - Mar 14, 2011
- Not writing 'Delhi Belly 2': Kiran Rao - Oct 21, 2011
- I had to fight with Aamir Khan to protect my script: Kiran Rao - Aug 02, 2012
- In Ram Sampat, I predict that a star is born: Aamir Khan - May 29, 2011
- No acting for 'perfectionist' Aamir in 2010 - Jan 02, 2010
- Aamir Khan resigns from Copyright Act panel - Feb 17, 2010
- Anusha Rizvi, the Director Of Peepli Live Is Unlikely To Be Any Part Of Excitement Regarding The Film's Oscar Nomination - Sep 28, 2010
- 'Dhobi Ghat' more an art house film: Director Kiran Rao - Nov 19, 2010
- 'Dhobi Ghat' makes it official - Aamir Khan is different! - Jan 22, 2011
- When painting, I feel I'm making something like a Picasso: Aamir - Dec 27, 2011
- 'Delhi Belly' item number situational, not promotional: Aamir (Interview) - Jun 30, 2011
- Directors pick the mighty pen, scriptwriters wonder why! - Jun 23, 2011
Tags: aamir khan, creative talents, delhi belly, dhobi, films, ghat, good sense, hasn, magic touch, maximum credit, mumbai, perfectionist, scripts, solo player, successes, team effort, writer director