Would never release a film during IPL: Shah RukhApril 3rd, 2012 - 2:52 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, April 3 (IANS) Superstar Shah Rukh Khan, who co-owns an Indian Premier League (IPL) team, believes that releasing films during the tournament is a risk that he would never take.
“If someone is releasing it (a film), they know what they are doing. But I would actually think twice, especially in the middle of the tournament. In the beginning yes, you can take a chance, but not in the middle and never at the end, I wouldn’t release a film,” the 46-year-old, who co-owns Kolkata Knight Riders, said here at the unveiling of Nokia brand campaign for IPL 5.
“If you are going to analyze it some people are releasing their films, yes they are taking a chance because the matches happen mostly 8-11 so that show can be affected if it’s an important match. I would think about it if I am releasing a film as a producer,” he added.
Shah Rukh says there are filmmakers, who hold back films and decide on releasing them post-IPL.
“People do wait for IPL. Post-IPL has become a period where people assume that there is a want of films and you will release your film as soon as the season gets over. So that tells you that is an important part where people hold back their films,” Shah Rukh said.
Shah Rukh is back from London after a shooting schedule for Yash Raj’s untitled film, which also stars Katrina Kaif and Anushka Sharma.
- Nokia launches new campaign ahead of IPL-5 - Apr 02, 2012
- KKR goes all out to engage fans - Apr 03, 2012
- Shah Rukh hopes to be home for Eid - Aug 16, 2012
- It was refreshing to work with Katrina: Anushka Sharma - Aug 08, 2012
- I'm lucky to work with Shah Rukh again: Anushka - Apr 06, 2012
- Hats off to actors who work with newcomers: Preity Zinta - Sep 08, 2012
- SRK ashamed of Wankhede brawl, says he's no role model - May 30, 2012
- Shah Rukh's likes to endorse brands 'responsibly' - Feb 20, 2012
- Shah Rukh denies tiff with Juhi - Feb 14, 2012
- 'Chennai Express' shooting date not advanced, says SRK - Aug 06, 2012
- Secret behind Ranveer's six-pack (Movie Snippets) - Nov 15, 2011
- 24 years on, SRK again woos fans as army man - Sep 06, 2012
- SRK learnt life's important lesson in Kashmir - Sep 03, 2012
- Shah Rukh film shoot rekindles Kashmir magic - Aug 28, 2012
- Bonding with co-stars works for romantic film: SRK - Sep 26, 2011
Tags: anushka, brand campaign, filmmakers, films, ipl, katrina kaif, knight riders, london, match, mumbai, nokia, premier league, risk, shah rukh khan, superstar, taking a chance, untitled film, unveiling, yash raj