Would Akshay’s ‘Tees Maar Khan’ allow Deols’ ‘Yamla Pagla Deewana’ face-off?September 14th, 2010 - 3:42 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
September 14, 2010 (Sampurn Wire): ‘Tees Maar Khan’ is all set for a big release this Christmas. However, now there is an unlikely contender in the form of ‘Yamla Pagla Deewana’, an all-Deol starrer which has decided to come on the same day. One wonders what do the makers of ‘Tees Maar Khan’ have to comment on the latest developments.
“We can’t help if ‘Yamla Pagla Deewana’ has decided to release on the same day, right? We know where we stand though. Most of the shooting for the film is complete and we are neck deep into post production. Also, there has been a pre-booking of more than 1500 prints already. We are pretty much on full throttle here”, says Shirish Kunder, the first time producer who has earlier directed ‘Jaan-E-Mann’.
“If makers of ‘Yamla Pagla Deewana’ still decide to go ahead then good for them. They would have certainly given it a thought before coming up with an announcement”, he goes on to add.
Since the stakes are indeed high for both the films, are the makers contemplating getting into a face to face conversation and solving it all amicably. After all both the films come with a potential of being good money spinners at the box office and the clash won’t quite help the cause, especially so for ‘Yamla Pagla Deewana’ since Deols haven’t delivered a successful film for long.
“If they want to come and talk to us, we are game for it. However, we are not going away anywhere”, says director Farah Khan who rightly believes that ‘Tees Maar Khan’ is carrying terrific buzz, especially after her two hugely successful films - ‘Om Shanti Om’ and ‘Main Hoon Naa’.
Though one waits to see if director Samir Karnik, who has also co-produced the film with Nitin Manmohan, is planning to get into any conversation with the makers of ‘Tees Maar Khan’, an insider says that the clash would definitely be averted.
“It just doesn’t make sense at all”, he says, “It is impossible to believe that Deols would actually go ahead with Christmas release of ‘Yamla Pagla Deewana’. They are talking about it but I am sure their decision making is flexible here. I can foresee the makers of both the films actually sitting across the table and sorting it out. No one benefits from a clash.”
Well, one truly wishes that this happens indeed. In the time when industry is going through an upheaval, the two biggies arriving on different dates is only going to add on to the celebrations.
– Joginder Tuteja / Sampurn Wire
- Yamla Pagla Deewana To Release With New Climax - Dec 07, 2010
- Bollywood woman directors prepare for winter clash - Sep 16, 2010
- Bollywood Gossip for the coming week - Oct 07, 2010
- Preview Of 'Yamla Pagla Deewana': Deols Will Rock This Time! - Jan 13, 2011
- If 'Yamla...' does well, will bring its sequel: Sunny Deol - Jan 09, 2011
- Bobby, not Akshay, leads 'Thank You' promotions - Mar 05, 2011
- The con is on in Bollywood! - May 18, 2010
- Dharmendra, sons promote 'Yamla Pagla Deewana' in Mumbai - Nov 25, 2010
- The special bonding between Samir Karnik, Vatsal Seth - Jan 16, 2011
- Hrishikesh Mukherjee’s 'Chupke Chupke' Remake Might Have Abhishek Bachchan And Bobby Deol - Jan 18, 2011
- I am not dating Samir Karnik: Kulraj Randhawa - Dec 08, 2010
- Dharmendra: A ‘He Man’ Cannot Afford To Be Old! - Dec 30, 2010
- Yamla Pagla Deewana Brings Back Father-Sons Duo - Nov 20, 2010
- Sunny readying for 'Yamla Pagla Deewana' sequel, TV series - Feb 25, 2011
- Payal Rohtagi's quiet New Year (Movie Snippets) - Jan 02, 2011