World’s Tallest Man Appears On “The Amazing Race”May 3rd, 2010 - 7:21 pm ICT by GD
By Madhuri Dey
May 3, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The world’s tallest man appeared in the popular reality show “The Amazing Race”, in the latest episode. This is the first time that he has made an appearance in the show, although it did not come as much of a surprise, as in the episode before the last one, the show had been graced with the presence of He Pingping, who had been recognized by the Guinness Book Of World Records to be the smallest man in the world. A few weeks after his appearance, He Pingping passed away. Bao Xishun, the world’s tallest man, came over to “The Amazing Race” to assume the role of the pitstop greeter.
Bao Xishun made his appearance in the eleventh episode of the current season of the show. Hailing from inner Mongolia, he has been afflicted with a rare condition called the pituitary gigantism. At present, he is one of the world’s tallest men, the others being Sultan Kosen and Stanley. However, the position of being the tallest man was taken away from him a few days back when it got conferred to Stanley. However, after the latter refused to be measured, and the Guinness Book Of World Records had to undertake a personal measurement of him, they returned the title to Bao Xishun.
Ironically enough, Bao Xishun lost his title a few days after he made an appearance in the show, “The Amazing Race”. The title went to Sultan Kosen, from Istanbul in Turkey, who was measured to be the tallest man in the world by the Guinness Book Of World Records.
- A meeting of world's tallest and shortest men - Jan 15, 2010
- World's tallest man meets the shortest for first time - Jan 15, 2010
- Sultan Kosen Declared As The World's Tallest Man - Sep 17, 2009
- Igor Vovkovinskiy Is The New Tallest American! - May 29, 2010
- The World's Shortest Man, He Pingping Dies - Mar 16, 2010
- World's shortest man He Pingping dies - Mar 16, 2010
- New Tallest Man In U.S. Is A Barack Obama Fan - May 26, 2010
- Guinness World Records announces new tallest living man in America - May 22, 2010
- New Tallest Man In US - May 29, 2010
- Guinness crowns Igor Vovkovinskiy as the 'New tallest man in U.S.' - May 26, 2010
- World's smallest boy to grieve smallest man's death - Mar 16, 2010
- 200,000 people worldwide celebrate Guinness World Records Day - Nov 19, 2010
- He Pingping Died Of Chest Complications - Apr 26, 2010
- Pituitary tumour caused world's tallest man's gigantism - Sep 18, 2009
- Igor Vovkovinskiy Is The New Tallest Man In The U.S. - May 26, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,