Worlds oldest model, 80, still flaunts a 36-26-36 figure!March 11th, 2009 - 12:34 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar 11 (ANI): Grey haired Daphne Selfe has become Britains oldest model to enjoy a career in modelling at the age of 80, with a 36-26-36 figure to boost.
Selfe, who is a grandmother of four, had started her career on the catwalk 60 years ago, and she is still going strong, earning 1,000 pounds a day in campaigns for designer brands such as Dolce & Gabbana.
She has never had cosmetic surgery, and when she started her modelling in 1950, she weighed 10 stone and boasted the statistics 36-24-37, and now she is only a stone and a half-lighter with figures that have barely altered.
The aged model is very much sought after and is currently on the books of top agency Models 1, and she also appeared in Vogue and Marie Claire and has been photographed by the likes of Mario Testino, Nick Knight, and David Bailey.
For Selfe, her modelling career blossomed in later years as she promoted the benefits of going grey.
My hair is my fortune, it made me more striking, the Telegraph quoted her as saying.
Other younger models admire me but they”re not jealous as I”m not a threat. I have a niche all of my own.
I don”t feel a day over 60. It’’s fantastic. I”ll continue modelling until they stop asking. I love it. It’’s fun and keeps me young. I was never one for wild parties and I”ve never had any need to get drunk, she added. (ANI)
- Daphne Selfe is Past 80, and She's a Supermodel - Mar 12, 2009
- Monica Bellucci, new face of Dolce & Gabbana make-up - Feb 18, 2012
- When Kelly Osbourne was mobbed as Lady Gaga - Jul 14, 2011
- Indian fashion industry can't afford me: Ujjwala Raut - Oct 16, 2011
- Dolce and Gabbana honour Naomi Campbell - Sep 23, 2010
- Kate Moss smoulders as she poses nude for Brazilian Vogue - Apr 29, 2011
- I'm scared of outfit clash: Rihanna - Oct 10, 2010
- I can take a lot of punches, says JLo - Mar 02, 2012
- Dolce & Gabbana to sue jewellery retailer - Mar 31, 2012
- Willow Smith Wows The Audience At Milan Fashion Week With Her Trendy Outfits - Sep 29, 2010
- Wills, Kate engagement pics to be released soon - Dec 06, 2010
- Naomi Campbell celebrates 25-year career at Dolce and Gabbanab bash - Sep 23, 2010
- Lady Gaga on US Vogue cover - Feb 12, 2011
- British actor keen on Bollywood costume drama (With Images) - Aug 20, 2012
- Abi Titmuss lands a TV role on 'Casualty' - Feb 14, 2012
Tags: agency models, amp, campaigns, cosmetic surgery, daphne selfe, david bailey, designer brands, fortune, grandmother, london, marie claire, mario testino, niche, nick knight, statistics, telegraph, vogue, wild parties