Working with Baz Luhrmann sheer delight: Big B (With Images)May 22nd, 2012 - 3:42 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 22 (IANS) Megastar Amitabh Bachchan says he is delighted to work with a genius like Baz Luhrmann in “The Great Gatsby”. He is impressed by the director’s art of binding the film’s cast and crew together.
“I still do not have the liberty to talk of the film in a personal capacity. Contracts bind me, but this I can say that it was a sheer delight to work with someone of such great genius as Baz Luhrmann and a host of co-stars that have astronomical presence in the world of cinema - Leonardo DiCaprio and Tobey Maguire and the other greats,” Amitabh posted on his blog bigb.bigadda.com.
“And everyone works as a family and a large portion of this attitude should be credited to the master of the scenario, the director Baz Luhrmann,” he added.
“The Great Gatsby” is Amitabh’s debut Hollywood venture where the actor makes a friendly appearence. Though for a short while, the 69-year-old will share screen with Hollywood stars Leonardo and Tobey.
The first look of the film with Amitabh has been released and the actor looks dapper in a grey coloured suit teamed with a white hat. He looks classic as he sports a beard and moustache.
He feels the film will take viewers back in time.
“The attention to detail, the amount of research and finesse on recreating the ‘times’ of NYC in the those early years, was simply brilliant,” Amitabh said.
“I am certain that when you shall see the film, you will realise that you have indeed been transported to another decade of the early years with such authenticity that you begin to feel as though you were present there yourself,” he said.
Amitabh also can’t stop raving about the professionalism with which the Hollywood filmmakers work.
“There is a quiet sense of professionalism that works without notice and corrects or adjusts or informs when and if there is need for it. They are the crew, the costume, the hair and the properties people. The language and accent director, the assistants who shall come and ask you to be on set, or if on it to be ready for the take,” he said.
“The other factor of course is the dedication that all the crew and actors have towards the script the film and the production. Leonardo and Tobey would be more than willing to rehearse if you demanded it and would give each rehearsal the same deliverance as they would, were they to be asking for one themselves,” he added.
- I haven't charged anything for 'The Great Gatsby': Big B - Aug 22, 2012
- Amitabh to receive doctorate in Brisbane - Oct 16, 2011
- Amitabh enjoying shooting for 'The Great Gatsby' - Oct 14, 2011
- Amitabh shares 'The Great Gatsby' experience - Oct 15, 2011
- Bigelow to direct film on Osama death? - Jan 16, 2012
- Big B on his first Hollywood venture - Sep 10, 2011
- Prada designs clothes for the 'The Great Gatsby' - Aug 24, 2012
- Luhrmann injured on 'The Great Gatsby' set - Dec 27, 2011
- Thrilled Amitabh is joining 'The Great Gatsby': Baz Luhrmann (Interview) - Sep 08, 2011
- Luhrmann has been a huge revelation: Amitabh - Oct 20, 2011
- Big B's blink-and-miss role in 'The Great Gatsby' - May 21, 2012
- Leonardo DiCaprio may star in 'The Great Gasby' - Oct 20, 2010
- Ben Affleck in 'The Great Gatsby'? - Apr 11, 2011
- Amitabh Bachchan signs first Hollywood film - Sep 07, 2011
- Carey Mulligan all set to star in the adaptation of 'The Great Gatsby' - Nov 17, 2010
Tags: amitabh bachchan, appearence, authenticity, baz luhrmann, cast and crew, co stars, director baz luhrmann, finesse, genius, great gatsby, hollywood filmmakers, hollywood stars, large portion, leonardo dicaprio, moustache, personal capacity, professionalism, quiet sense, sheer delight, tobey maguire