Work hard for a fit body: John AbrahamSeptember 26th, 2011 - 9:58 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Sep 26 (IANS) A lot of hard work is needed to keep the body fit, says Bollywood actor John Abraham said Monday.
“Making a strong body is like a religion. When you preach a religion you go to a temple. I go to a gym and workout. I really worked out hard to make a strong body. I had put on 10 kilo muscles in eight months,” Abraham told a media conference on his upcoming film “Force”.
John has sported a muscular look in ‘Force’ where he plays a role of a no-nonsense cop who does not play by the book but always ensures that justice is served.
Vivacious Genelia D’ Souza will be seen opposite John in this film, directed by Nishikant Kamat.
“I thank Nishikant for giving me eight months to make such a strong body. He wanted me to look really tough. I want to tell youngsters that there is no shortcut for a muscular body. I was on a high protein diet,” he said.
“But at the end of the day it is the performance that counts, not the body. It is an audio visual medium, so you have to sport certain kind of look.”
Asked about the current trend of action films, John said that ‘Force’ was the only movie after Sunny Deol starrer ‘Ghayal’ and ‘Gadar’ that can boast of raw and real action.
“It’s good that people are loving action movies but if you ask me about ‘Force’ then it is raw and real action. I just feel that after ‘Ghayal’ and ‘Gadar’ this is the only movie where you can boast of real action.”
- John not ready to give up romantic hero tag - Sep 28, 2011
- 'Force' - action speaks louder than words (IANS Movie Review - Rating: ***) - Oct 01, 2011
- I do one film a year: John Abraham - Sep 29, 2011
- Director's cut: Nishikant Kamat cuts Prawal Raman's film - May 02, 2011
- Akshay Kumar fittest man in industry: John Abraham - Nov 08, 2011
- John Abraham, Kunaal Roy Kapoor in 'Kala Ghoda' - Apr 01, 2012
- Bollywood packs its best punch with raw action - Jun 28, 2012
- John Abraham goes lean for 'Shootout At Wadala' - Feb 20, 2012
- Sylvester Stallone's beefy look pushed John to gym - Jul 20, 2012
- Genilia wants to shed bubbly girl image - Sep 26, 2011
- After 'Force', Nishikant Kamat to direct psycho-thriller - Nov 15, 2011
- My time in Bollywood has just started: John - Apr 02, 2012
- John breaks 'anti-graft handi' in Hazare's support - Aug 22, 2011
- Ravi Kishan gets grungy for 'Jeena Hai To...' - Feb 25, 2012
- Nishikant Kamat in acting mode, 'Force 2' can wait - Jan 21, 2012
Tags: action films, actor john abraham, body fit, bollywood actor john abraham, eight months, film force, fit body, gadar, genelia, genelia d souza, ghayal, high protein diet, john abraham, kamat, kolkata, loving action, muscular body, sunny deol, upcoming film, visual medium