Woody Allen to return to BroadwayMay 18th, 2011 - 9:35 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York City, May 18 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Woody Allen will be returning to Broadway on a play series titled “Relatively Speaking.” The reports say John Turturro will direct the play which is expected to open in October.
The show’s executives are still putting the details together. They announced that the venue of the show will be made public in a later date. They expect the show’s preview to start in September with the final show being opened to the public in October.
The plays promises to be massive because it will bring Elaine May and Ethan Coen on the same stage with Allen. Allen is excited about the upcoming show. In an interview with the New York Times, Allen promised that the audience should watch out for “broad comedy, for laughs, no redeeming social value.” The production will be the first for Turturro on Broadway. The play will be put together by Julian Schlossberg and Letty Aronson.
This will not be the first time that Allen will be appearing on the stage. However the stand-up comedian has made significant contribution on the giant screens since he assumed a directorial role in 1965. The 75-year-old’s recently released movies are “The Writer’s Block” and “A Second Hand Memory” which were released in 2003 and 2004.
- Sofia, Sharon to play lovers - Mar 25, 2012
- New York's 'Living Landmark' Elaine Kaufman Dies At 81 - Dec 05, 2010
- No intimate scene between Sofia-Sharon - Apr 09, 2012
- Ethan Hawke returns to stage - May 24, 2012
- Coen Brothers Speak About Their Movie "True Grit" - Dec 23, 2010
- O'Connell to make Broadway debut - Sep 18, 2011
- Scorsese named top director - Mar 12, 2010
- Ricky Martin to be teacher in TV series - Feb 07, 2012
- 'Spider-Man' actress T.V. Carpio sidelined after injury - Mar 23, 2011
- Brazilian film officials launch campaign to lure Woody Allen to Rio de Janeiro - Oct 14, 2009
- Child piano playing prodigy sets new Guinness record - Jul 26, 2012
- Californication star David Duchovny says that he would 'go gay' for Twilight stars - Jan 12, 2011
- Cyndi Lauper set for theatre debut with 'Kinky Boots' musical - Feb 24, 2012
- Garfield named ambassador of orphans - Jul 01, 2012
- 'Spider-Man' Finally Previews On Broadway - Nov 29, 2010
Tags: audience, broadway new york, comedy, elaine may, ethan coen, giant screens, john turturro, julian, laughs, letty aronson, memory, new york city, new york times, schlossberg, stand up comedian, venue, woody allen