Woody Allen hits back at sued US firm for dragging up his personal lifeApril 17th, 2009 - 2:39 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Apr 17 (ANI): Filmmaker Woody Allen has slammed American clothing company for engaging in “despicable effort to intimidate” him by dredging up his affair with adopted daughter Soon-Yi Previn.
The Oscar-winning filmmaker had sued clothing firm American Apparel for 6.7 million pounds last year for using his likeness on billboards without his consent, and tarnishing his image.
However, the company hit back at the claims by arguing it couldn’t have tarnished his reputation by using his image, as the director has already ruined it by having an affair with his stepdaughter.
They insisted that director’s endorsement isn’t worth a multi-million dollar payout.
Now, Allen’s lawyers have fired back at the company in a Manhattan federal court filing.
“The clear, underlying objective of this latest… campaign is to seek to tarnish Mr. Allen’s reputation a second time,” the Daily Express quoted the lawyers as saying.
They also allege the director has received “numerous unsolicited (advertisement) offers… most in the multi-million dollar range.”
The case is due to go to trial on 18 May (09) in Manhattan Federal Court. (ANI)
- Sued US firm uses Woody Allen's sex scandal against him in court fight - Apr 16, 2009
- Woody Allen asked to prove he still commands $10M endorsement fee - Apr 10, 2009
- Aniston buys $9 million house in New York - Nov 07, 2011
- Indian American ex-director violated Goldman Sach's policies - Mar 24, 2011
- Charlie Sheen threatens to sue strip club - May 02, 2012
- Ex-celebrity adviser Kenneth Starr jailed for 7 1/2 years in fraud case - Mar 03, 2011
- Woody Allen wins American Apparel lawsuit, gets $5m - May 19, 2009
- Court overturns MJ's Jet award ruling - Jan 13, 2010
- HCL Technologies signs deal with Deutsche Bank - Sep 21, 2011
- Radcliffe buys one more house in New York - Mar 22, 2011
- Baldwin loses case against Costner - Jun 18, 2012
- Weinstein brothers sued for $50m for 'sabotaging' animated film - Mar 04, 2011
- Woody Allen wins early round in ad case - Apr 29, 2009
- Rajat Gupta threw away his duties: Prosecution - May 22, 2012
- Pitt set to bring story of miners on screen - Nov 16, 2010
Tags: american apparel, american clothing, billboards, clothing company, clothing firm, daily express, dollar range, filmmaker woody, having an affair, lawyers, likeness, manhattan, objective, personal life, reputation, s endorsement, second time, stepdaughter, unsolicited advertisement, woody allen