Won’t get typecast: Aditi RaoFebruary 12th, 2012 - 8:05 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Feb 12 (IANS) Aditi Rao Hydari, who played an unconventional role in “Yeh Saali Zindagi” and got a bit cozy with Ranbir Kapoor in “Rockstar”, feels she will not get typecast.
” ‘Yeh Saali Zindagi’ and ‘Rockstar’ are films where I am not playing bold roles. I am not a seductress. I am not seducing a man,” she told IANS.
“(In ‘Yeh Saali…) I am playing a young girl who is in love with her husband and who is going through trauma because she has a kid and her husband is driving her mad. That’s not a bold role. What you do with your partner is not bold. I think audience won’t take things that way. So, I don’t think I will be typecast,” she added.
However, she admits it was a bold step on her part to accept Sudhir Mishra’s offer to do “Yeh Saali Zindagi”.
“In my personal life, it was a bold step for me to do the role…and I don’t regret what I have done. In my mind Sudhir Mishra is someone whom I really respect. So his intention of making a film is honest. You were showing a young couple in love, so they will not play badminton,” she said.
Aditi started her career with a small role in “Delhi 6″ and after that, is climbing up the success ladder as the length of her roles are getting bigger and better.
Her next is “London, Paris, New York”, a romantic comedy and she has teamed up with Pakistani actor Ali Zafqr to play the lead pair. In fact, they they have a kissing scene in the movie.
Directed by Anu Menon and produced by Shrishti Arya and Goldie Behl, the film will release March 2.
- I'm a big fan of Salman Khan: Ali Zafar (Movie Snippets) - Sep 18, 2011
- I won't do bold scenes just like that: Aditi - May 16, 2012
- Aditi welcomes healthy competition between new, old actors - Mar 26, 2012
- The film industry is image driven: Aditi Rao - Feb 19, 2012
- Aditi Rao is Ranbir's secret love in 'Rockstar'! - Feb 10, 2011
- Bollywood very friendly, accepting: Aditi Rao Hydari - Feb 11, 2012
- "Yeh Saali Zindagi" - roller-coaster ride not for the weak-hearted (IANS Film Review; Rating:*** 1/2) - Feb 05, 2011
- 'The Dirty Picture' sweeps top honours at Colors Screen Awards (Lead) - Jan 15, 2012
- Ali is very naughty: Aditi Rao Hydari - Jan 15, 2012
- Chitrangada Singh: Glad That Hubby Jyoti Randhawa Is As Ambitious - Dec 20, 2010
- 'The Dirty Picture' sweeps top honours at Colors Screen Awards - Jan 15, 2012
- Ali Zafar busy shooting his third Hindi film - Aug 21, 2011
- Chitrangada wants to work with Aamir Khan - Jan 29, 2011
- Chitrangada still struggling to get over 'Geeta Rao' - May 01, 2012
- 'Yeh Saali Zindagi' about twisted tales of love (IANS Movie Preview) - Jan 31, 2011
Tags: arya, badminton, bold step, goldie behl, intention, ladder, london paris, menon, paris new york, personal life, rao, romantic comedy, saali, seducing a man, seductress, trauma, unconventional role, young couple, young girl, zindagi