Wonder Woman remake shelvedJanuary 11th, 2011 - 4:37 pm ICT by ANI
Sydney, Jan 11 (ANI): The small screen remake of ‘Wonder Woman’ has been put on hold after producers failed to find investors for the TV show.
Lynda Carter, starred as the scantily-clad superhero in ‘The New Adventures of Wonder Woman’, adapted from the classic DC Comics series, which aired in the United States from 1975 to 1979, reports the Sydney Morning Herald.
TV bosses recently announced plans to remake the show with Boston Legal creator David E Kelley, prompting rumours to fly speculating about who would land the coveted role as the new leading lady.
Mad Men star Christina Hendricks even made a public appeal to be cast as the heroine.
According to Deadline.com, producers offered the show to a number of US networks last week but failed to find an investor.
The remake has now reportedly been shelved, with an option to revive the project in the future. (ANI)
- David E. Kelley to produce new Wonder Woman TV show - Oct 03, 2010
- "Wonder Woman" Will Return On The Small Screen - Oct 09, 2010
- Wonder Woman TV Show To Set Small Screen Ablaze - Oct 03, 2010
- Adrianne Palicki all set to play 'Wonder Woman' - Feb 17, 2011
- 'Wonder Woman' at war in Hollywood - Nov 10, 2010
- Adrianne Palicki cast as 'Wonder Woman' - Mar 22, 2011
- Hendricks's phone hacked - Mar 06, 2012
- Kelly Brook could become one of Charlie's Angels - Nov 21, 2010
- Wonder Woman Lynda Carter wins the case against her barking dog - Jul 11, 2010
- Adrianne Palicki cast as TV's 'Wonder Woman' - Feb 17, 2011
- Christina Hendricks wants to be 'Wonder Woman' - Jun 21, 2011
- Hendricks hiding Playboy past - Jan 17, 2011
- Pammie's latest PETA ad too racy for Hong Kong airport - Dec 30, 2010
- Burqa painted on ads showing scantily-clad women - Aug 01, 2011
- Fury over racy images of women posing with dogs for charity calendar - Dec 31, 2010
Tags: boston legal, christina hendricks, comics series, david e kelley, dc comics, fly, heroine, investor, investors, leading lady, lynda carter, mad men, morning herald, producers, public appeal, superhero, sydney morning herald, tv show, wonder woman