‘Wonder Woman’ at war in HollywoodNovember 10th, 2010 - 7:34 am ICT by IANS
London, Nov 10 (IANS) Original “Wonder Woman” star Lynda Carter has urged Megan Fox to stop “trashing” the superhero after the latter branded the character “lame”.
TV bosses are planning to revive “Wonder Woman”, originally played by Carter in the 1970s, for a new small screen outing and Fox was said to be one of the actresses in contention for the role.
The “Transformers” beauty, however, spoke out about the rumours, insisting she would never play such a part and said: “She’s lame. She flies around in an invisible jet, but she’s not invisible. I don’t get it.”
Contactmusic.com reports Carter was annoyed by Fox’s comments.
“Megan Fox actually kind of trashed ‘Wonder Woman’. She said she thought it was dumb, like ‘What’s the big whoop making people tell the truth’. I like her, I just thought she shouldn’t trash ‘Wonder Woman’,” said Carter.
Carter is also backing the idea of a new TV show, insisting Ally McBeal producer David E. Kelly is the ideal choice to develop the series.
“He’s great at the underlying comedy and character development. I spoke to him several weeks ago and he is perfect for it because he will really give the characters life. It’s not just going to be a cartoon or a comic book thing, which is really what I think we tried to do,” she said.
- Lynda Carter to Megan Fox: Stop trash talking 'Wonder Woman' - Nov 09, 2010
- Wonder Woman TV Show To Set Small Screen Ablaze - Oct 03, 2010
- David E. Kelley to produce new Wonder Woman TV show - Oct 03, 2010
- Adrianne Palicki cast as TV's 'Wonder Woman' - Feb 17, 2011
- Adrianne Palicki all set to play 'Wonder Woman' - Feb 17, 2011
- Megan Fox dismisses Wonder Woman rumours - May 04, 2009
- Now, Wonder Woman in lower heels, biker jacket - but still just as sexy - Jun 30, 2010
- "Wonder Woman" Will Return On The Small Screen - Oct 09, 2010
- Lynda Carter Can Sing Too? - Sep 14, 2010
- Wonder Woman Lynda Carter wins the case against her barking dog - Jul 11, 2010
- Love Hewitt desperate to play Wonder Woman - Aug 02, 2009
- Lynda Carter, The Memorable Actress Of 'Wonder Woman', Wards Off Barking Dog Charge - Jul 11, 2010
- Wonder Woman remake shelved - Jan 11, 2011
- Anna Friel wants to play Wonder Woman - Jun 11, 2009
- Sandra Bullock the right choice to play Wonder Woman: Lynda Carter - Mar 26, 2010
Tags: 1970s, actresses, ally mcbeal, cartoon, character development, comedy, comic book, contention, invisible jet, lynda carter, megan fox, new tv, rumours, screen outing, superhero, transformers, whoop, woman at war, woman star, wonder woman