Women superior to men, tweet Bollywood starsMarch 8th, 2011 - 5:13 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 8 (IANS) Male Bollywood stars like Anupam Kher, Abhishek Bachchan and Vivek Oberoi admit that women are superior to men, while female actors like Shabana Azmi and Bipasha Basu hope for more woman power on the 100th International Women’s Day Tuesday.
Here’s what some of the actors had to say on micro-blogging site Twitter on the occasion:
Abhishek Bachchan: Someone asked why is there a Women’s Day and not a Men’s Day? My answer… Women make sure that the rest of the year is men’s day by celebrating us. So one day in a year is the least we can do when it should be the other way round. Happy women’s day ladies!
Anupam Kher: Women are superior to men. God gave them tolerance, intelligence, beauty and the power to give birth to another life. Happy Women’s Day!
Shabana Azmi: I salute all those women and men whose struggle over 100 years has paved the way for women to speak language of RIGHTS. Women perform 66 percent of d world’s work, earn 10 percent of world’s income and own 1 percent of the world’s property… food for thought n Happy Women’s Day!! (sic)
Vivek Oberoi: I don’t believe that women are equal to men… I believe women are way superior!!! Here’s celebrating the ’shakti’ that gives us all strength, inspiration and love. I salute god’s greatest creation!!! Happy Women’s Day!
Bipasha Basu: I am proud to be born as a woman and I am happy to see that this day inspires women throughout the world to work towards equality. Happy Women’s Day ladies! Today marks a celebration of the economic, social, cultural and political achievements made by women over the years. Cheers to all of us!
Gul Panag: To all the women out there - don’t settle for anything less than what YOU think you’re worth. Be it a man, job, career or a dress.
Pooja Bhatt: On International Women’s Day let’s first celebrate all those men across the globe that are ‘man’ enough to let their women truly BE…!
Ashish Chaudhary: Luv n respect to d most supreme species on d planet; WOMEN. “Happy Women’s Day”. May u find resilience in dealing with d species called MEN! Hallelujah! (sic)
Sophie Choudry: Happy Women’s Day tweeps! Mum made me believe that women are incredible, strong, beautiful and can achieve anything they want! Here’s hoping everyone in our country will feel the same one day and that all girls will be safe, loved and respected!
- Happy Janmashtami, says Bollywood - Aug 22, 2011
- Proud to be Indian, tweets Bollywood - Jan 26, 2012
- Ganpati Bappa Morya: B-Town wishes Happy Ganesh Chaturthi - Sep 01, 2011
- 'Happy Mother's day', tweets Bollywood - May 13, 2012
- Bollywood hails Anna Hazare's victory; terms it a new dawn - Aug 28, 2011
- Bollywood wishes Happy Friendship Day - Aug 07, 2011
- Bollywood continues to support Anna Hazare's movement - Apr 08, 2011
- Hrithik turns 38, B-town says 'Happy Birthday' - Jan 10, 2012
- Warm B-town welcome for Abhi-Ash's daugther - Nov 16, 2011
- Zohra 100 years young, says Salman Rushdie - Apr 27, 2012
- B-Town wishes Eid Mubarak - Aug 19, 2012
- Hats off to Big B, says SRK (Movie Snippets) - Oct 08, 2011
- Please vote, say Bollywood celebs - Feb 16, 2012
- Bollywood hails Anna Hazare's success - Apr 09, 2011
- Mom is the best, says Bollywood - May 08, 2011
Tags: 100 years, abhishek bachchan, anupam kher, ashish chaudhary, bipasha basu, bollywood stars, female actors, gul panag, international women, man job, men god, political achievements, pooja bhatt, shabana azmi, shakti, those women, twitter, vivek oberoi, woman power, women and men