Women have more guts than men: Akshay KumarJune 8th, 2009 - 6:12 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Akshay Kumar was his usual entertaining self off screen during the press meet of his upcoming film, Kambakkht Ishq. Following are the excerpts from his interview taken that time.
You are making a come back with an action film?
I wouldn’t say this is an action film. It’s actually a romantic comedy. I play a stuntman in the film. I do stunts for Sylvester Stallone and Brandon Routh in the film as a stuntman.
How was your chemistry with Sylvester Stallone?
We shared a lot. He had shot for Rambo a year back. So we discussed about it. We discussed a lot of health problems. Every athlete or actor who does action suffers a lot from Knee problems and other health problems. We discussed about it. He told me how he takes care of them and gave health tips. Technically he has larger experience in films. He has come out with different films so he also told me his diet and how he takes care of himself.
How do you take care of yourself?
I sleep on time and work out for one hour everyday. I take my Sundays off.
What do you find more difficult, acting or stunts?
Stunts are easy it is the acting which is the most difficult part.
How was your experience of working with a first time director like Sabir Khan?
I have always given hits with first time directors be it Abbas Mustan, Vipul Shah and now Sabir Khan. With this film I am keeping my fingers crossed. I hope it works since I always think positive.
Tell us something about your role in the movie?
I play a male chauvinist. But then he learns and starts respecting women and agrees that they are more stronger.
Do you believe that women are stronger than men?
Yes they are and after doing the second season of Khatron Ke Khiladi I have started believing in it more than ever before. They are much stronger and have more guts than women.
Kareena said that you are her favourite co star. Who is yours?
I enjoy working with all of them. Katrina, Karishma, Kareena. In fact I have done more movies with the Kapoor sisters. 14 with Karishma and now seven with Kareena. Now I am working with their father in Action Replay.
- Action heroes pay a price, says Stallone - Jul 12, 2012
- Sylvester Stallone's beefy look pushed John to gym - Jul 20, 2012
- Hollywood bitten by Bollywood bug? - Sep 25, 2010
- I do one film a year: John Abraham - Sep 29, 2011
- Sly planning for 'Expendables' sequel - Aug 16, 2010
- Sylvester Stallone, 64, is a child at heart - Aug 15, 2010
- 'The Expendables' - like a good old action film (IANS Movie Review) - Aug 15, 2010
- No more action films, vows Kareena Kapoor - Feb 07, 2012
- John hopes 'Force' will get him recognised as an action hero - Sep 08, 2011
- Sly wants Bruce Willis as supervillain in 'The Expendables' sequel - Sep 06, 2010
- Bollywood in action: Death spotlights safety measures - Apr 14, 2012
- Ben Barnes felt like a superhero during 'Narnia 3' - Dec 13, 2010
- Sly says his stunt injuries are a 'good omen' - Jul 20, 2010
- Dressing up Stallone, Routh was fabulous: Indian designer - Apr 16, 2009
- 'Heroine' will be a landmark in Kareena's career: Bhandarkar - Nov 16, 2011
Tags: action film, akshay kumar, brandon routh, co star, first time director, guts, health problems, health tips, knee problems, male chauvinist, rambo, romantic comedy, sabir, second season, stuntman, stunts, sylvester stallone, time directors, upcoming film, women are stronger than men