Woman demands $9 mn from Bieber for deafening gigJuly 15th, 2012 - 3:04 am ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, July 15 (IANS) An American woman has filed a lawsuit for $9.23 million against teenage sensation Justin Bieber, claiming his shrieking gig has left her deaf.
Stacey Wilson Betts says she was left with the ear condition tinnitus after she took her daughter to one of his gigs in Oregon two years ago.
She blames Bieber for whipping his fans into a frenzy during the show.
Betts complained that the 18-year-old’s noisy followers, known as ‘Beliebers’, hit her with a “sound blast”. Their screams “exceeded safe decibel levels” and have “caused hearing loss and severe tinnitus in both ears”, reports thesun.co.uk.
She says he sang and played a guitar on a heart-shaped platform and baited the audience to scream louder.
Bieber, his record label, the concert promoter and the arena face the claim.
“Mr. Bieber created a wave-like effect of screaming by pointing into various sections of the arena. Then he enticed the crowd into a frenzy of screams by continuously waving his arms in a quick and upward motion, whereas I was struck with a sound blast,” said Betts.
She said the platform Bieber was sitting on “acted as a sound conductor creating a sound blast that permanently damaged both of my ears”.
As a result, she claims she now suffers from a constant pulsing, whooshing sound that makes it hard to sleep. She even suffers depression and increased levels of anxiety due to it.
Bieber has declined to comment on the lawsuit.
- Novel treatment halts 'phantom' noises in ears - Mar 19, 2012
- Scientists reboot brain to cure ringing in ears - Jan 13, 2011
- Pharma firm claims cure for buzz in ear - Nov 16, 2010
- Martin suffers from ear trouble - May 06, 2012
- Justin Bieber's female fans hide in rubbish trucks to meet him! - Dec 09, 2010
- Tomlinson's hearing problem - Aug 02, 2012
- Report: U.S. woman drops paternity lawsuit against Justin Bieber - Nov 16, 2011
- Kim Kardashian receives "death threats" over "Bieber fever" tweet - May 06, 2010
- Justin Bieber now has 11 mn Twitter followers - Jul 14, 2011
- Justin Bieber denies fathering a baby charges - Nov 04, 2011
- Pine bark effective in relieving tinnitus symptoms - Oct 14, 2010
- Rock concerns lead to impaired hearing? - May 23, 2012
- Louis Tomlinson going deaf in one ear - Aug 01, 2012
- Tinnitus common among elderly: Study - Oct 08, 2010
- Mobile phone use 'ups tinnitus risk by 71pc' - Jul 20, 2010
Tags: 18 year old, american woman, betts, concert promoter, conductor, decibel levels, ear condition, followers, frenzy, gig, gigs, hearing loss, justin bieber, levels of anxiety, record label, screams, stacey wilson, teenage sensation, tinnitus, upward motion