‘Wolverine’, ‘Avatar’ sequels ‘put on hold’ after Japan disasterMarch 23rd, 2011 - 6:39 pm ICT by ANI
London, March 23 (ANI): The upcoming ‘Wolverine’ and ‘Avatar’ sequels have reportedly been put on hold following the earthquake and tsunami disaster in Japan.
Hugh Jackman is due to reprise his role as the clawed superhero for a sequel to 2009’s ‘X-Men Origins: Wolverine’, which will see much of the action set in Japan.
But according to EW.com, their plans to film in Japan have been postponed following the devastating 9.0-magnitude tremor and subsequent tidal wave that tore through the country on 11 March, reports the Daily Express.
The project had earlier suffered a blow with the recent departure of director Darren Aronofsky.
The Japan disaster are also said to have affected James Cameron’s work on the second ‘Avatar’ movie.
He had planned to head to the country to film underwater sequences in the Mariana Trench, located in the Pacific ocean to the south-east of Japan.
However, movie bosses have now reportedly scrapped the planned dive amid fears of aftershocks and rising insurance costs, according to Screenrant.com. (ANI)
- Hugh Jackman not giving up on his second 'Wolverine' movie - Mar 31, 2011
- 'The Wolverine' to go on floors in October: Jackman - Jul 01, 2011
- Huge Jackman's X-Men spin-off titled 'The Wolverine' - Nov 15, 2010
- Hugh Jackman ordered to have 6,000 calorie diet for new movie - Feb 04, 2011
- Hugh Jackman pulls out of girlie role to bulk up for Wolverine - Aug 18, 2010
- Jackman voted sexiest sci-fi star - Sep 02, 2011
- Hugh Jackman Backs Out From Avon Man For X-Men Sequel - Aug 20, 2010
- Hugh Jackman Is Undergoing A Diet Worth 6000 Calories For The Upcoming Chapter Of His Movie, 'Wolverine' - Feb 04, 2011
- Sequel to 'Wolverine' announced - May 06, 2009
- Jackman all praises for new 'Wolverine' film - Oct 08, 2011
- Hugh Jackman to fight with samurai in 'Wolverine' sequel - May 05, 2009
- Hugh Jackman 'eating 6,000 calories a day' for new 'Wolverine' film - Feb 04, 2011
- 'The Wolverine' to go on floors next year - Aug 27, 2011
- Hugh Jackman continues training despite injuries - Dec 30, 2010
- WOLVERINE GROSSES RS 10 CRORE IN ITS FIRST WEEK - Jun 25, 2009
Tags: aftershocks, daily express, darren aronofsky, director darren aronofsky, east of japan, hugh jackman, insurance costs, james cameron, london march, magnitude, mariana trench, pacific ocean, sequel, sequels, superhero, tidal wave, tremor, tsunami disaster, wolverine, x men